Pork butt is on

What vessel are you cooking on -

Looks good

Masterbuilt 560 I will get a pic at 3 hours for you.

And for the other guy it's a probe from my Inkbird IBBQ-4t. I tried to zoom in because the pan it was onlooks crappy even though it's clean. I usually use a stainless flat sheet pan but the old lady thru it on an old one cause it was leaking in the fridge and I just kept using it cause i was tired. I work 5 twelve-hour shifts and it was my fri

wrap time

This is bush's baked beans maple and bacon I added Hillshire farms smoked sausage, onions, brown sugar and some rays sweet and spicey bbq sauce. Pulled the beans at 1 hour 45 mins. Wrapped the butt at 161 boat method with some of the spritz in the boat. Same side up

Last edited:
It has to be almost finished - I like using the foil boat on a pork shoulder - really helps with the bark

Looks like a great cook

Done!!!!

Finished at 12 and a half hours just ran out of charcoal right at end too. A 16 lb bag plus a couple pounds was in the hopper already. Gonna sit covered by foil in a foil pan in warm oven for one hour. It came off at 199 internal probed tended carry over should seal the deal. The bark on both bottom and top was FREAKIN AWESOME lol. Too bad it's all just gonna get shredded though LOL. Some good snacks while I' am shredding me thinks. I will post a shredded pic and maybe some meal pics tomorrow. Gotta work a 12 hour shift tonight so gonna be napping mid-day sooo tired lol

Last edited:
Beautiful Christian.

Thanks buddy not bad for my first one but after 4 years of meat loaves and pork and beef ribs I felt ready lol. I had tried a few other big cooks over the years that didn't go well and I keep a cook journal so it really helps to dial **** in. I loved the boat vs traditional foil, pan or paper. i think I will try it on some ribs I like that crunchy bark.

So you nailed the cook right down to the last piece of charcoal, made some killer bbq beans and then have tacos for the rest of the week. I love it when a plan comes together!

LOL In a nutshell :<)... I broke the meat up in thirds and vacuumed and froze two packets. I kept the third for pulled pork sandwiches and tacos. I had a sandwich, beans and some macaroni salad this morning for dinner sorry no picks.

I dislike cooking at night for one reason. The fuel consumption. I run close to 1.5 to two pounds an hour when it's colder. Then again it's a set it and forget it charcoal/wood so /shrug positives and negatives, right? I don't really think there is anything I would do different this cook. I try and always look for faults to add to the cook journal info but I don't think I have any this time. I had some issues with the app at first as usual lol but I just made a parabolic antenna with some foil and it connected right up lol. The apps for most of these modern grills suck ass. You would think that would be the one thing they could get fkin right lol

Back