Photobucket screw job.

I checked some of my old posts and my pics show up here. Is there a difference between using the IMG link vs the direct or HTML options? Pretty sure I use the IMG link when posting...they seem to still be showing up....

It doesn't seem to matter. I looked at a bunch of pictures that are failing and they use the IMG code. It may have to do with the specific account.

I'm switching to Imgur. Looks to be uncluttered, reasonably quick. Option to re-size images on upload. Haven't looked at the mobile app yet, so not sure what it can/can't do.

Looked at Flickr, didn't like the interface, was somewhat difficult to figure things out. Now do I re-upload all my old pics or just start from scratch?

im not sure why some show and others dont...

maybe its the free accounts affected, and any level paid accounts are grandfathered in?

I've moved off Photobucket about a year ago. Found it too difficult to use and it would lock up when trying to download pictures. It was like they were making it difficult. As if they were trying to get you to pony up for a paid membership.

I now user Flickr. Works great and I can link photos with ease. You get 1TB of space on their free account. Mind you it is owned by Yahoo and they've since been sold, so what the future holds is uncertain, but considering the number of people using Flickr it would be a hard thing to change.

maybe its the free accounts affected, and any level paid accounts are grandfathered in?

I'm pretty sure they can't change the paid accounts immediately, but that they would need to upgrade at the end of their current subscription. They would be opening themselves up for a ton of lawsuits if they retroactively changed the terms. So, if you have a paid account that includes third party site linking, you should be fine until your subscription runs out or renews.

Maybe but looking at their pay accounts the only account that offers 3rd party hosting is the $399 account. Who in their right mind is going to signup for something like that, only someone who feels like they have a lot to lose by not ponying up.

Like you said extortion.

Hated todo it put I deleted my account and let them know why.

Test. I just have a regular account. Like if you can see it. I use IE.

eye.jpg

I'm on it and will find alternatives for us within a few days. For the time being, we can use the hosting here, which has always been available, but we have to be aware that it will suck up bandwidth. Its an ok alternative for the time being.

There is a simple way to do that here by uploading to our own local photo gallery.

1. Its in the "community" tab on top.
  2. "Pictures and Albums"
  3. Set up an Album for yourself.
  4. Upload photos to that album.
  5. Open the photo you want to embed elsewhere and copy the embedded code in the bottom from the "picture URL" box
  6. Paste that code to embed in your post the same way you would with photobucket.

Its basically the same steps as photo bucket, but the hosting is here on our server.

More info here on the photobucket putz move.

is there a limit? i have been using the "attachments" under user control panel and it limits me to 30MB.

is there a limit? i have been using the "attachments" under user control panel and it limits me to 30MB.

Im not sure if the gallery adds to you attachment quota, but if you need more, send me a note and i will increase it.

Back