Big Green Egg Refurb

Smoking Piney

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
John
I've had my BGE for 10 years now. Right before the holidays, I discovered that the fire box was cracked in 2 places, and the base itself was cracked.

I put in a warranty claim with a local dealer (my original dealer closed shop) with my receipt and pics of the damage. The lifetime warranty is the real deal. 3 weeks later, I picked up my new base and firebox. I spent this morning replacing the parts.

I still need to replace the gasket on the dome, but its too cold for the adhesive to really stick. It will wait for Spring.

My Egg is now Code 1 and ready to rock! :-D

I did a burger burn to just get a fire going.

7j9YmlRh.jpg

TWvitzFh.jpg

I'm happy with my BGE again. :-D

Last edited:
I'm glad to see that you were able to successfully use a company's warranty program and extend the life of a great cooking device. I'm sure Spring can't get here fast enough so you can finish the job.

I'm also glad to see that the warranty came through for you. It's nice when you get results instead of a pile of excuses why they won't honor it or say something like, the parts are not available at this time. Sometimes you do get your money's worth. It seems to be getting more and more rare these days. Enjoy! On second thought, wait for better weather and then Enjoy, lol.

At least it justifies the outrageous price for a BGE. Im sure they are great cookers, but i prefer charcoal cookers for hot and fast grilling. My $hitty made in china Weber 22 works good enough for that job.

I really like my BGE, and I have an old beat up 22" Weber kettle that still sees a lot of use, especially with the Vortex and rotisserie.

I'm also glad to see that the warranty came through for you. It's nice when you get results instead of a pile of excuses why they won't honor it or say something like, the parts are not available at this time. Sometimes you do get your money's worth. It seems to be getting more and more rare these days. Enjoy! On second thought, wait for better weather and then Enjoy, lol.

Thanks!

I was expecting a battle for the parts but there was none. The store copied my original receipt, I emailed them pics of the damage, and 3 weeks later they called me to pick up the parts. It was painless. :-D

I love my Egg. I can warm smoke salmon or do a fatty at 150* or sear steak at several hundred degrees. Have had it for 14 years. Have a crack ijn the fire box that is still OK. Unfortunately I have moved 300 miles away from where I bought it so not sure about the warranty

Back