One Of the Brethren's Grandest smoked meats

this is one thing I have yet to try. I've been runnin smoke for years and never did one. next time I fire it up I'm gettin me a fatty of tennessee pride hot and doin a nekid fatty, not gonna bother with the bacon wrap but ~might~ do a cheese stuff one, we'll see

Good or bad you are an Influencer Adams. I have 5 one lb Sausage Logs in fridge to go on the Egg this Saturday- 2 will be for me, 2 for when I make bake beans, and 1 for my son and D-I-L

Call me late for the party. Call me uninformed. You can even make fun if me if you want. I am humbled to ask, "Does a nekkid fattie mean that there is not a speck of rub on the sausage log?"

Feel free to make fun of me if you want but I am asking for a friend............

Truth be known, any sausage fatty that I smoke always has a good coating of rub on it. But like I said, I am asking for a friend...................

Call me late for the party. Call me uninformed. You can even make fun if me if you want. I am humbled to ask, "Does a nekkid fattie mean that there is not a speck of rub on the sausage log?"

Feel free to make fun of me if you want but I am asking for a friend............

Truth be known, any sausage fatty that I smoke always has a good coating of rub on it. But like I said, I am asking for a friend...................

***Not everyone agrees with this***
Nekkid Fatty- nothing
Rubbed Fatty- dusted with seasoning
Stuffed Fatty- good things happening hidden inside
Bacon Weaved Fatty- prettiest of All aka Bacon Explosion (see cowgirl 's blog)
Company Fatty- see Bacon Weaved Fatty
Hamburger Fatty- no, no no-; That's meatloaf

To me
Nekkid means nothing but a smile. Remove from wrapping, place in smoke

***The Fatty was said to be a Brethren birth and at one time he'd/she'd post up their intentions for the invention. As I said I'm mostly cooking by myself so perhaps he/she will see this thread and give everyone the real scoop

Last edited:
I've never read the label on a fatty - do they come with cooking instructions? Just wondering what Jimmy Dean expects from their customers.

I've never read the label on a fatty - do they come with cooking instructions? Just wondering what Jimmy Dean expects from their customers.

The Nekked Fatty Tutorial

Mine get a good coating of rub before going into the smoker. Before discovering the wonders and simplicity of the naked fatty, I always thought a fatty had to be stuffed and/or enrobed in cured meats. Although the Bacon Explosion I made years ago was indeed awesome and delicious.

Dont know what happened but the fire died in the Egg when I was close to my 145* temp. Put them in the oven and cranked up the heat to get them done. Unfortunately overshot my Temp. Think they will still be good

Back