THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bought my plane ticket.

I got a bucket list to finally attend to, and Texas is on it.

Your next, California.

Sweet! Meeting Dr. Evil is on MY bucket list!

Awesome!

Looking forward to finally meeting the person who first welcomed me to The Brethren. We'll do our best to show you some real Texas hospitality.

Have plenty of mustard to make Billinois feel at home, as he explains how Frito Pie was invented in Illinois.

Looks like we are gonna have 2 surprises from the Chicago area make it down to the bash...one is under wraps until he wants me to reveal!

Hmmm... What could the other surprise from Chicago be?

Someone jumping out of a cake?

6138j1.png

Who's birthday is it, anyway? :icon_clown

What kinda cake? Maybe German chocolate?

I'm expecting bourbon pecan pie and cherry cobbler again. (*hint, hint*)

Okay, so let's say some Meskin dude from a Border Town just realized that since it isn't on Columbus weekend, he may very well be able to suck gas (okay diesel, but I promise not to roll coal!) and haul ass up there after work on Friday and get there early on Saturday? Anyone planning to stay at least one night? That Meskin dude would be sleeping if off and leaving on Sunday.
[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mL6puxUeIqU[/ame]
Since you guys seems to have the bbq covered and this dude would rather travel light and bring a gas burner.......what kind of Tex/Mex or straight up Mexican dish would you guys be interested in eating?
How bout some Menudo? Enchiladas? Chile verde? Texas chili? Discada? Hmmmmm. Lol! :-D

Seriously, I'd probably burn the Monday after and seriously do this. If will allow me to scout the area for future camping trips with my family and best of all hang out with all of you and especially Bill! I might just see if he wants to tent with me! :-D

For Bill:
[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kNoaXRZlfE4[/ame]

Bob

Last edited:
...or chile verde!

I don't know how many folks will be camping. I normally would but am leaving for vacation the following Tuesday, so I don't want to deal with all the camping gear. I might camp Friday night without the fam, but that's still up in the air. frognot usually camps on Saturday night

This will be a day trip for me.

I'll be flying in the morning of the 18th, and then after about 10 hours, flying back out on the 18th.

Still battling the sobriety bug and this is currently the only way I can do a bash.

Still had a blast at the St Louis bash last year, and that was 5 hour drive morning then night.

Bob - Definitely Texas Chili!!!

...or chile verde!

I don't know how many folks will be camping. I normally would but am leaving for vacation the following Tuesday, so I don't want to deal with all the camping gear. I might camp Friday night without the fam, but that's still up in the air. frognot usually camps on Saturday night

You want the enchiladas, trust me.

Will talk with Brian (Totally Basted) this weekend & see what his plans are. We might be camping Friday & Saturday.

Back