THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So for those of us that don't know each other lol do we walk in an say HEY! Im CLee hahha

That's exactly how it works. The last bash was my first one. I just showed up, met some folks, unloaded the smoker, cooked, shot the breeze all day, and fed some folks. Made some friends while I was at it, and liked it enough to organize another one for the fall. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the welcome peeps. I live in Fort Worth. I'll see what I have going on that weekend. I know A&M plays Alabama that weekend and that might take the highest priority if the season isn't in the toilet by then.

Pretty sure that one will wind up in prime time (unless A&M tanks an early game) in which case it'll wind up being the CBS 2pm game. Peeps was talking about bringing a satellite radio, so we may have to do some frantic channel switching between games.

Pretty sure that one will wind up in prime time (unless A&M tanks an early game) in which case it'll wind up being the CBS 2pm game. Peeps was talking about bringing a satellite radio, so we may have to do some frantic channel switching between games.
For sure...I'd love to hear the Ags get whooped :wink:

So there was some discussion of friendly competition. What meat(s) do you think? I'm thinking ribs and/or chicken because they're relatively cheap, don't take up much smoker space, and cook quickly enough. Maybe something like a people's choice, where everybody gets a ping pong ball or something to vote in each category, most ping pong balls wins?

So there was some discussion of friendly competition. What meat(s) do you think? I'm thinking ribs and/or chicken because they're relatively cheap, don't take up much smoker space, and cook quickly enough. Maybe something like a people's choice, where everybody gets a ping pong ball or something to vote in each category, most ping pong balls wins?

I would keep it open and loose, so we don't have 20 pounds of ribs.

In fact, might I suggest we communicate our plans so we can have a good variety of bbq, sides and deserts?

CD

I would keep it open and loose, so we don't have 20 pounds of ribs.

In fact, might I suggest we communicate our plans so we can have a good variety of bbq, sides and deserts?

CD
quite a bit of rain this summer, so we shouldn't have much of a desert. :wink:

I like the idea of it being open.

I'm planning to do some wings and something else for lunch time. Then a couple pecan pies again for the afternoon and dinner. Will also bring either tater or a rice salad.

I'm thinking of doing a brisket point so that we don't have to wait until dinner for brisket. Maybe if Fred shows up he can power cook a packer in 3 hours. :-D I'll bring serving/cleaning supplies as well.

I'm thinking about bringing some gumbo.

(Maybe that could get Toast to come and hang with us.)

Who made that awesome cherry cobbler last time? That was some dern fine eating!

I'm thinking about bringing some gumbo.

(Maybe that could get Toast to come and hang with us.)

Who made that awesome cherry cobbler last time? That was some dern fine eating!
I'll def have the LSU game on satellite radio if Toast shows....but mainly for Ann ;) Gotta keep momma happy! I seen how big a fan she is! :wink:

Not looking good for us coming up. As I mentioned earlier, major deploy got pushed back and deployment window shortened, with the Bash right in the middle of it. Not sure I'll be able to get away for that long. If it was closer I could do a day trip, but DFW is out of range. We'll have to wait and see if things change...

:sad:

Well, keep us posted, Terry! Would sure be a shame if you just came down with a 3 day bug during that weekend, wouldn't it :wink:

Bought my plane ticket.

I got a bucket list to finally attend to, and Texas is on it.

Your next, California.

Awesome!

Looking forward to finally meeting the person who first welcomed me to The Brethren. We'll do our best to show you some real Texas hospitality.

Back