North Texas Brethren Bash, Saturday Oct 18th - Lake Ray Roberts Isle du Bois State Park

I like it it's about half way to Houston off of 45 so it's a pretty central location but I have to say I am slightly influenced by the fishing. I like the camping there as well it's never been over crowded when I've been there and I like to have my space from strangers when camping.

A Mega Texas Bash would be pretty cool. I was just looking at the state map trying to find the "center" of Texas. Looks like it would be some where around Brady, San Saba, or Eden area. While that would make it easy for Texas residents, anyone flying in would have issues.

Oh, and thanks for the well wishes. This will be her second surgery. The first fused 3 vertebrae. Now she needs the one above the fusion added to the party.

Time to trade her in on a newer model...:mrgreen:

Oh, and thanks for the well wishes. This will be her second surgery. The first fused 3 vertebrae. Now she needs the one above the fusion added to the party.

Time to trade her in on a newer model...:mrgreen:
Was she in an accident that caused the damage?

The problem with trading in a known model for another used model is you are trading known, out in the open problems for unknown, covered up for quick sale problems. Better get a Carfax!

You are correct sir that would be truly central I was thinking that sticking to the 35 or 45 corridor would make it pretty easy to access. Are there any locations along 35 you would recommend? I know that would be easier coming out of San Antonio.

A Mega Texas Bash would be pretty cool. I was just looking at the state map trying to find the "center" of Texas. Looks like it would be some where around Brady, San Saba, or Eden area. While that would make it easy for Texas residents, anyone flying in would have issues.

Please, please don't contaminate this October 18th thread with any and all talk of the Texas Mega Bash.

As soon as you assign those three words to any Texas Bash, it instantly kills it.

In fact, one of the reasons I am trying to come to this October 18th bash is to that I can try and remove my name from being associated with the Texas Mega Bash.

Its been over 10 years in the making, and its going to be BIG, soon.

Please reserve those thoughts, ideas, and curses to:

Texas Mega Bash Thread

Please, please don't contaminate this October 18th thread with any and all talk of the Texas Mega Bash.

As soon as you assign those three words to any Texas Bash, it instantly kills it.

In fact, one of the reasons I am trying to come to this October 18th bash is to that I can try and remove my name from being associated with the Texas Mega Bash.

Texas Mega Bash Thread
Bill, actually, it was a few noobies seeing that thread that inspired SmittyJonz to just schedule the first one last fall that was attended by him, me, sliding_billy, Totally Basted and frognot. From 5 attendees in the fall to 11 in the spring. Without that epic failure of a thread, those and this one would likely not be happening.

Bill, actually, it was a few noobies seeing that thread that inspired SmittyJonz to just schedule the first one last fall that was attended by him, me, sliding_billy, Totally Basted and frognot. From 5 attendees in the fall to 11 in the spring. Without that epic failure of a thread, those and this one would likely not be happening.

My post was tongue in cheek.

:decision:

Was she in an accident that caused the damage?

The problem with trading in a known model for another used model is you are trading known, out in the open problems for unknown, covered up for quick sale problems. Better get a Carfax!

Nope, just wear and tear. We are old. Well, I am 50 and she is "older" although people think she looks younger. She's been a bartender for most of her life, so maybe it's the carrying cases and full trays, standing, etc. About time for her to go into retirement.

True on the trade in issue. I was thinking go new (or gently used) and let them take care of me in my "golden years"... I'd leave them my WSM and gasser...

Texas Mega Bash Thread

Hey, someone brought it up. I just replied. :wink:

Zilla, come on man, even I'm trying to make it happen and I'm on the Far West side of S.A. You can do it!

Or at least come visit me :)

Speaking of Godzilla, A friend of ours put this video together for us last April with footage from Turn N Burn in March. It was quite a surprise. Fun!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sOOB1KDa0E&feature=youtu.be"]Giant Godzilla - YouTube[/ame]

Back