North Texas Brethren Bash, Saturday Oct 18th - Lake Ray Roberts Isle du Bois State Park

Oh crap...I'm on the list :icon_shy
Can't wait for October to get here...had enough heat already. Looking forward to riding down there and seeing some country.

If I come, my family will have to come, too. It will depend on several things, but mostly if I have a new wheelchair by then. I'm waiting to see if insurance will approve one that I can sit in for more than a couple of hours. If I can be there - and if y'all don't mind - I'll do my best to come. We might bring a smoker or grill, if we can fit one in. I'm gonna ask Karen to help me start saving gas money now. I figure y'all need a man of the cloth overseeing y'all. :grin:

Sorry, but so I don't have to search the thread, is there a deposit required if we think we are coming? Can we pay there if we come, or do we have to pay in advance? What's the buy in?

Sorry, but so I don't have to search the thread, is there a deposit required if we think we are coming? Can we pay there if we come, or do we have to pay in advance? What's the buy in?
Since Dave handled the reservation, he gets to say how the pay-in is handled but the last one I set out a bucket to cover the $75 pavilion rental and asked everyone to drop in ~$7 per Brethren and it was right about even...

If I come, my family will have to come, too. It will depend on several things, but mostly if I have a new wheelchair by then. I'm waiting to see if insurance will approve one that I can sit in for more than a couple of hours. If I can be there - and if y'all don't mind - I'll do my best to come. We might bring a smoker or grill, if we can fit one in. I'm gonna ask Karen to help me start saving gas money now. I figure y'all need a man of the cloth overseeing y'all. :grin:

Dan, I have camped at Isle du Bois many times. It does have accessible restrooms, and good concrete pathways to and from them.

If you can make it, we'll need to work up a way to set up a wheelchair accessible workstation for you, so you can do some cooking. :thumb:

CD

There is a fee to enter the park... seven bucks per person over 13, that you pay at the gate. Can you hide the kids under a tarp? :becky:

CD

This is starting to sound epic. I just can't commit as yet. My company has a major deploy that was supposed to happen in September that has now been pushed back. I will have to play it by ear unfortunately.

I want to, and the wife said it sounded like fun (she loves Tequila), so we will try. But that work thing, you know we all hate it, but it does pay the bills...

If anyone is coming from my way (and doesn't mind getting there super early and leaving after dinner), you are welcome to ride with me and get in for free on my Texas State Park pass (free entry for anyone in the vehicle with the card holder).

P.S. Dan - We sure could have used a man of the cloth when that snake showed up two bashes ago. :evil:

My wife, my 19 month old boy, and myself will be there! Most likely bring some brisket and maybe do some a rolled Pork Belly.

Do we have a head count yet? This is what I gathered from the thread thus far. I miss anyone?

Hawg Father of Seoul mentioned it to anyone yet since he missed the last one?

Where is Smitty at?

Charles, we got more you gotta add to your reminder list...these jokers above plus Coach Jones, erbeman,

1. DaveAlvarado
2. peeps, mrs peeps, and lil' peeps
3. frognot (+ Totally Basted?)
4. sliding_billy
5. caseydog
6. CLeeSmokinQ
7. THoey1963 (?)
8. TinySmokin
9. lavinjj
10. LEGENDS BBQ
11. Dabaras
12. skychief12 (?)
13. JoSal73 (?)
14. Smokesignalsfromtx (?)

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome peeps. I live in Fort Worth. I'll see what I have going on that weekend. I know A&M plays Alabama that weekend and that might take the highest priority if the season isn't in the toilet by then.

Back