Need some help figuring out what I’m looking at on my gasser

Dweverett

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Bill
I haven’t used the grill a lot over the past couple months (but I have used it a few times) and when I opened it a couple days ago the some of the ceramic briquettes have a yellow/green color to them. It doesn’t show up as well now that the sun is out but hopefully you can still see.

I cranked up the burners and burned off all of the grease etc., that was on the trays and grates but the color didn’t come off the briquettes. I pulled one of the trays out today and realized that there is some of that color also on the dividers that hang between the burners.

If it was spring here in CT I’d assume it was pollen — everything turns that color. But, it’s very much not pollen season yet — in fact, I had remove a bunch of snow to get it open yesterday when I first noticed this.

Mold was my first assumption but I’m not sure if thats it. And if it is, not sure what I do next. I already hit these with some pretty high heat. I didn’t flip them over but the trays aren’t really designed for that and some of the briquettes will fall out.

Any ideas? It almost looks like copper corrosion but not sure where that would be coming from

i-9d93Pxt-XL.jpg

i-jxvFWxc-XL.jpg

Yellow is typically associated with sulfur compounds. Is this propane or natural gas? Sulfur is added to natural gas so you can smell if there's a leak, and eventually can cause build up like that. Double-check that your burners aren't clogged with yellow build up like that.

Back