Calling all LSG vertical cabinet offset smoker owners!!! Detailed dimensions request

snadamo

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Adam
Hey fellas. Was wondering if an owner of an LSG vertical offset would be able to answer some dimensions questions for me.

Specifically I am looking for the height of the first rack in the cabinet. I have all the other dimensions I’m looking for. Specifically looking from ground to first rack height. I know it will vary with wheel type, but just looking for ballpark.

To keep it short; there’s an opportunity to purchase a 30x24 cabinet smoker out here. I’m still in a wheelchair; want to ensure I can access at least the first rack or twofor the time being. Im fairly tall and have a decent reach, but don’t want to risk not being able to safely handle the remaining cooking space/racks.

I AM making the assumption that most/all their vertical offsets have same/similar frame dimensions; thus similar/fame first rack height.

Any info will help. Planning on reaching out to seller and maybe even LSG themselves. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hey Adam, I am sorry that I cannot help you but I just wanted to say that I admire your dedication. I was going to say, especially this time of year but then I saw you were in Arizona. Good place this time of year! I am in Indiana, it is 4:48 AM and it is 2 degrees. There are times of the year when I would not want to be in AR either but this is not one.

Anyway, I hope it works out and you love the new smoker. More importantly, I hope that what got you into the wheelchair goes away soon! Prayers coming your way!!!

Hey Adam,

I have a LSG 24x30 vertical offset. Will that help you?

I have this guy

IMG_1450.jpg

Hey, Sako!

Specifically I am looking for the height from the ground to the bottom rack. I added an arrow to your image for a visual. The one I am looking at is actually a 30x24 offset cabinet smoker w/4 racks. However, I think the bottom frame dimensions are the same height-wise for all these models. Looks like you have the 8" casters, which is what the one I am looking for as well.

I am just looking for a ballpark. The rack spacing in the model I am looking for is roughly 5.75". I am guessing I can easily access 2-3 out of the 4 racks, but the beautiful mrs snadamo thinks otherwise.

Can't thank you enough for your help!

53466426566_0229529c1b_z.jpg

Hey Adam, I am sorry that I cannot help you but I just wanted to say that I admire your dedication. I was going to say, especially this time of year but then I saw you were in Arizona. Good place this time of year! I am in Indiana, it is 4:48 AM and it is 2 degrees. There are times of the year when I would not want to be in AR either but this is not one.

Anyway, I hope it works out and you love the new smoker. More importantly, I hope that what got you into the wheelchair goes away soon! Prayers coming your way!!!

I truly appreciate the kind words, David! I am also that crazy guy out there in the 110 degree heat running a pit, lol! Hopefully it warms up a bit for you. Stay safe!

You got it! As soon as I get home from work. You are correct on the rack spacing and it is 5.75". I do have six racks in mine.

I actually have the 5" casters. I ordered mine with the standard 5" so I can squeeze the smoker through the side of my house. Made it by mm's otherwise I had to take the gutters out on the garage. :mrgreen:

FPzrUkg6NEFU-eKw3_o9WFygAgdQrVaYyKUDldUHAhk=w190-h600-no

Hey, Sako!

Specifically I am looking for the height from the ground to the bottom rack. I added an arrow to your image for a visual. The one I am looking at is actually a 30x24 offset cabinet smoker w/4 racks. However, I think the bottom frame dimensions are the same height-wise for all these models. Looks like you have the 8" casters, which is what the one I am looking for as well.

I am just looking for a ballpark. The rack spacing in the model I am looking for is roughly 5.75". I am guessing I can easily access 2-3 out of the 4 racks, but the beautiful mrs snadamo thinks otherwise.

Can't thank you enough for your help!

53466426566_0229529c1b_z.jpg

Thanks Sako. No rush.

Ok,

From the ground up to the top of the very bottom rack it measures 39". Again thats from the bottom of my 5" casters to the top of the very first (bottom) rack. You should have no issues reaching the 3rd rack with ease IMHO.

Let me know if you need any other specifics or measurements.

IMG_0466.jpg

Last edited:
Hell yes! Just did a mock up and I think I’m golden. I think I could even reach the 4th rack. Coincidentally it’s very close to my youngest’s height! :laugh: Thanks, Sako!

If this opportunity keeps evolving I’ll share way more then

Hell yes! Just did a mock up and I think I’m golden. I think I could even reach the 4th rack. Coincidentally it’s very close to my youngest’s height! :laugh: Thanks, Sako!

If this opportunity keeps evolving I’ll share way more then

Sounds good! Good luck!

I was going to say you should be able to reach 4th rack too though the racks are pretty deep. One other thing to keep in mind is they tend to be top heavy. Not necessarily a bad thing and I had zero issues with mine but just to put it out there. Crazy good airflow and with my intake and stacks fully open it howls like a furnace.

Is it an LSG or is it a cabinet offset from someone else?

Thanks, Sako.

I'm hoping it works out. It's an LSG 30" cabinet offset. Just trying to do my due diligence before I ask the seller to come out and see it, etc. I wanna keep it hush-hush until a deal is finalized (paranoid me, I know) If interested, I can PM you with more details.

Thanks, Sako.

I'm hoping it works out. It's an LSG 30" cabinet offset. Just trying to do my due diligence before I ask the seller to come out and see it, etc. I wanna keep it hush-hush until a deal is finalized (paranoid me, I know) If interested, I can PM you with more details.

No sweat! Git er done first. :mrgreen: Plus I can't get any PM's now. Grand Poobah has to fix my subscription status so I'm able to get PM's again.

Cabinet will actually work out even better. I ordered mine when there were only verticals available back in 2014. I'd def go for the cabinets if they were available then.

well, I am going to take a look at it tomorrow.

My new concern is transport/placement. Been calling around moving companies; not getting the warm and fuzzies so far. One said 800lb limit, so they're out...one requested pics and extra dimensions...but didn't seem too thrilled...and one I left a message. I will have to keep looking.

Another option is ask the guy how he got it there (recently moved), and see if that company is willing to move it again.

May just have to call in some favors to a bunch of friends? I just don't want anyone getting hurt; hence asking professionals to do it.

If you have pretty good amount of space around your property to move the smoker to its final destination it's not too difficult. All you need is a good friend and a small trailer from uhaul. I would get a motorcycle trailer and haul it. It's pretty compact and if you strap it down tight you'll be fine. The motorcycle trailers have ramps too. That's how I move my smokers around between the cabin and the house. Would've moved it for you if I was there.

These work great and lie $20 IIRC.

LRRZCXZh.jpg

Thanks Sako. I think truck and trailer situation is covered between my family and I. It's the muscle. I'm reading this cooker is north of 1000lbs. I have a slightly inclined driveway, and 2 sharp and tight turns. MY old man is...well...old...and my brother in laws are all jacked up, lol.

Last thing I want to do is get someone hurt, run in to the gas regulator, or my pool pump.

I did talk to a company that does these specialty jobs...feel confident in them. It's funny, because I got the brow-beating from mrs snadamo about buying this, but she was adamant to pay for professionals to get it in the yard.

I'll keep y'all posted on what unfolds tomorrow.

Thanks Sako. I think truck and trailer situation is covered between my family and I. It's the muscle. I'm reading this cooker is north of 1000lbs. I have a slightly inclined driveway, and 2 sharp and tight turns. MY old man is...well...old...and my brother in laws are all jacked up, lol.

Last thing I want to do is get someone hurt, run in to the gas regulator, or my pool pump.

I did talk to a company that does these specialty jobs...feel confident in them. It's funny, because I got the brow-beating from mrs snadamo about buying this, but she was adamant to pay for professionals to get it in the yard.

I'll keep y'all posted on what unfolds tomorrow.

Awesome! Good luck!

Sucker is heavy for sure. IIRC around 1400lbs with the oven option which I have. I almost had it get away from me right at the very last incline. :becky: Got lucky!

Any chance your can find a tool box mover or machinery mover?

I see ads occasionally on Craigslist for companies that move mechanics tool sets and lathes/mills. They have a special trailer that drops down to grade.

Well, we verbally agreed to a price and sale…just a matter of working out the logistics. Super cool guy. Had a lot of goodies in his outdoor kitchen. Kinda nice to talk que with someone face to face.

Anyway, I took more dimensions and they are to my benefit.

Larry, I think that’s a great idea and I’ll look around for those type of services.

It’s scheduled to rain til Wednesday/Thursday so probably schedule for the weekend delivery.

Back