THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'll add:

Morgan Ranch is in control of their entire cattle herd in Nebraska from birth to slaughter. There are no contract cattle, no middlemen.. just a multi-generational family cattle ranch offering you and I the very best wagyu and american wagyu cross beef on the market.

Adam & Dave, THANKS!!
Talked with Scott (really nice guy) this morning and my briskets will ship out on Monday. Can't wait to get them so I can throw one in my new Humphrey Pint that should be here Monday.

Scott is a really good guy and will answer any questions you have about his operation.

Thanks again Adam & Dave!

texted Scott. no response. I'm guessing he got more than a few texts this a.m. and hopefully, as time goes on, I'm closer to the list of "callbacks". I'm a patient dude, so I'll wait it out.

Peter,
He'll get in touch with you. The same thing happened with me yesterday, but first thing this morning I received a call from him. He is a pretty busy guy so hang in there.

Adam & Dave, THANKS!!
Talked with Scott (really nice guy) this morning and my briskets will ship out on Monday. Can't wait to get them so I can throw one in my new Humphrey Pint that should be here Monday.

Scott is a really good guy and will answer any questions you have about his operation.

Thanks again Adam & Dave!

Awesome!! Congrats!!!

Post pictures of your Cook here.

texted Scott. no response. I'm guessing he got more than a few texts this a.m. and hopefully, as time goes on, I'm closer to the list of "callbacks". I'm a patient dude, so I'll wait it out.

I sent Scott the link to this thread so hopefully he will check it out soon and realize how many folks are interested. He is not a member and I doubt would have time to post much anyway. He is very busy and will have to get back with everyone as time permits.

he'll get back to yall. my only concern is the potential for high school texts like hey... is this for real..or whatever ya know lol.

$6/pound is a no frills price. paying people to answer phones and maintaining a website costs money adding to that super price. Besides, the morgan ranch likes to know the people they sell to.

your patience will be worth it. Us as a community will only improve the experience and the product.

I've requested he attempt to negotiate a better price and SLA with fedex and/or UPS.

please remember he also has 8+ primals of the meats we all are familiar with (pricey though).

I assure yall this is legit stuff. I'm OCD about anything I touch, cook, and eat.

Swole - i look forward to your first cook... your LSG (I have one coming specifically to cook these briskets) I'm envious of haha.

I look forward to seeing all of your cooks. I truly hope you enjoy the brisket.

BTW - i have no issues with anyone smoking or whatever with these and selling the final product.. its the flipping that irritates me. the price reflects an effort for more people to enjoy the wagyu ..not for some backyard douche canoe to swindle a few bucks off his/her neighbor.

I'll say once again .. this is all genuine 100% (legally they have to say 97-99%) wagyu beef. The morgan ranch is in the position to double and then some their production/slaughter. No worries about availability and Scott assured me he wouldn't let someone simply clean them out.

Last edited:
I can wait as long as it takes. Just happy such a place exists.

I don't like to create unnecessary stress. The man runs a ranch. He's busy. It's Friday. I can't stand it when people hold me to their own neurotic time tables, so I won't do it to others.

All good things to those who wait... And wagyu brisket is sooo good.

Scott said that he replied to everyone that he got a text from him on his phone. Even if it was just a short reply to check to see if tomorrow would be good for a return phone call.

If you did not get a response then definitely try him again tomorrow by texting to his phone number.

do you want them to remove it? I have seen use by freeze by dates before, not sure why anyone wouldn't like it..

A statement was made that is not correct, why are you so defensive about any questions asked regarding this?

A statement was made that is not correct, why are you so defensive about any questions asked regarding this?

its my understanding that the briskets are frozen at the slaughter facility after aging 30 days. at some point after that they are transported to the commercial freezer in Omaha.

I'll get clarification for that.

didn't see any not correct statements about the tag, must have missed it, I thought you were just making a statement about the tag, was not being defensive, just wondering what your fuss was about. Now that I think about it, you were with the demand credentials crowd last night

There was no fuss except for you, it was stated that USDA requires a freeze by date. They do not.

Again you seem to be very defensive of any questions asked about this. Why?

There was no fuss except for you, it was stated that USDA requires a freeze by date. They do not.

Again you seem to be very defensive of any questions asked about this. Why?

I am not defensive, as I stated, I didn't' see that statement, I was a bit defensive when people started demanding credentials for telling people where they buy their meat and for how much.. And let me apologize now in case you find my thread from a few days ago, I posted about a sale on plate ribs at a local grocery store, and I have no credentials..

And let me apologize if I find it interesting that you take this attitude. I just read the breeding behind said mentioned ranch, I'm a member of the national cattelmans association. Pretty easy to see what they are breeding and raising.

And let me apologize if I find it interesting that you take this attitude. I just read the breeding behind said mentioned ranch, I'm a member of the national cattelmans association. Pretty easy to see what they are breeding and raising.

Well don't leave us in suspense, go with it tell us what they are raising..

But you just don't get it, a fellow member was sharing where he gets his meat, and for how much, thats it, you don't have to buy, no one is forcing anyone to order, just sharing.. Anyway I am done, sorry about my credential problem

Back