THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lol there is nothing to tell... the morgan ranch raises 100% wagyu cattle alongside their longstanding heritage hereford and now hybrid hereford/wagyu cross.

why do people take this so personal? We are trying to help people gain access to beef that has been hidden away in some corner as if it was gold...

and just because you mentioned being a member of the american cattlemans association doesn't give you any credence whatsoever. Actions speak louder than words.. I know lots of people that went through medical school to become doctors .. and not all of them are worth 2 ****s.

I won't get into my credentials, but lets just say I understand every aspect of the beef industry.. and I certainly understand and can spot a douche canoe when I see one.

Last edited:
And let me apologize if I find it interesting that you take this attitude. I just read the breeding behind said mentioned ranch, I'm a member of the national cattelmans association. Pretty easy to see what they are breeding and raising.

I like to have a go at folks on forums when I see the chance too. I'm Guilty of it, but would rather not have scobbles in this thread. Just wanted to share the great deal and my / our cooks with the product.

Is there something that you know or can shed some light on regarding Morgans or their cattle?

I'd love to learn. So would others I'm sure.

I like to have a go at folks on forums when I see the chance too. I'm Guilty of it, but would rather not have scobbles in this thread. Just wanted to share the great deal and my / our cooks with the product.

Is there something that you know or can shed some light on regarding Morgans or their cattle?

I'd love to learn. So would others I'm sure.

I as well. Please educate us on our source for beef. I'm sure a cattlemans association member in Iowa can school us. BTW I'm laughing... laughing at the amount of perceived butthurt im reading about something as simple as us bbq folk trying to share a good source with people.

Morgan Ranch is as True Nebraska Sandhiller as it gets. I have cooked the product. For home BBQ it is a great product. For those looking for the next great contest product at a great price I think you will be disappointed.

Morgan Ranch is as True Nebraska Sandhiller as it gets. I have cooked the product. For home BBQ it is a great product. For those looking for the next great contest product at a great price I think you will be disappointed.

I don't do competition, but am curious about why its not a good contest product, are the briskets to small, or just not for that high of level in comp quality

Good post. I don't compete either.. . And would have no idea what that really means.

What would make it competition ready? Morgan Ranch is taking some of their largest 8+ briskets to a kanas competition for feedback.

Keep in mind ...no less than 6 months ago Morgan Ranch simply dumped wagyu briskets in a bin and threw whatever in a box.

Their business isn't bbq... yet

Last edited:
Scott said that he replied to everyone that he got a text from him on his phone. Even if it was just a short reply to check to see if tomorrow would be good for a return phone call.

If you did not get a response then definitely try him again tomorrow by texting to his phone number.

Yep. He texted tonight. Will speak with him in a.m. I am excited to order.

What's the "douche canoe" count up to now??? :-D:p

Great thread. I literally just found prime packers (commodity beef) at a local Costco for $3/lb, which isn't common around here. Not wagyu of course, but always that line of price/convenience/quality when you don't always want to splurge on ordering wagyu (which I certainly like to do :-D). Looking forward to seeing folks cook these and possible ordering some.

Okay, so that Mods don't lose a ton of home and family time on this, I'm asking a simple request. Keep it on topic. Keep the jabs OUT of the thread. Those jabs derail it and then make work for us. However, remember that we DO allow free flow of information going both ways. Sounds like a good deal to me and these guys are trying to help ya'll enjoy the product and price. But, keep it on topic. We would appreciate that. Mods

I'm in Austin TX and about to go visit one of a few places - Salt Lick BBQ, Blacks BBQ, or Louie Muller BBQ. Anybody have any suggestions as to which they would prefer first?

Hoping to do Franklins on Tues. :)

Then back home Wednesday to hopefully cook one of my new Morgan Ranch Wagyu Briskets!! :)

I'm in Austin TX and about to go visit one of a few places - Salt Lick BBQ, Blacks BBQ, or Louie Muller BBQ. Anybody have any suggestions as to which they would prefer first?

Then back home Wednesday to hopefully cook one of my new Morgan Ranch Wagyu Briskets!! :)

I always went to Mullers when in Austin, but I have heard good things about all the places mentioned, I would never go to Franklins, just don't see waiting in line for 6hrs.

I lived in Austin for 10 years and all my family is still there. Salt Lick for the experience, but the brisket at Black's is some of the best I've ever had. I haven't had Louie Muller. I do know you'll leave a happy man at either Salt Lick or Black's though. Be prepared for a wait at Salt Lick and bring a cooler of beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brisket Question

Hi All How many briskets are in a Morgan Ranch case?
Method of payment? Sounds like a great deal!!!

Thanks DanB

PS Any one in North NJ wanna split a case?

Hi All How many briskets are in a Morgan Ranch case?
Method of payment? Sounds like a great deal!!!

Thanks DanB

PS Any one in North NJ wanna split a case?

There are 4 in a case and cases are 50ish pounds (some much heavier). You'd pay morgan ranch directly with a cc.

Depending on where you are - they may require 2 days shipping. Otherwise- 3 day ground fedex is good.

I always went to Mullers when in Austin, but I have heard good things about all the places mentioned, I would never go to Franklins, just don't see waiting in line for 6hrs.

I lived in Austin for 10 years and all my family is still there. Salt Lick for the experience, but the brisket at Black's is some of the best I've ever had. I haven't had Louie Muller. I do know you'll leave a happy man at either Salt Lick or Black's though. Be prepared for a wait at Salt Lick and bring a cooler of beer.

We just got back from Salt Lick!!!! Man!!!
The wait was almost 2 hours and thanks to my Hays County Sheriff brothers they got us in immediately!!! Start to finish in less than an hour!!!

94CBBE3C-5179-42F6-A279-64F508D14EAF_zpslfnkdhvt.png

506FA07A-45A7-4C93-B547-373472D3845E_zpsyorqkjke.jpg

A159EB3A-C2BE-42EA-849E-0F5F06BE2A3E_zpswnyjrea7.jpg

54406524-562C-4643-B6B7-62443DB8EFB1_zpshmuloimj.jpg

671E5B6D-2D3A-46D9-AA6A-B9D84B191058_zpsqaen3s0c.jpg

DAAFAAF7-E6DB-4F1E-93BD-D4D3D5DF5709_zpshdazpaza.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for derailing my own thread but just excited about my trip to TX. I'll get back on track when I get home. Lol

U
Wish I'd seen this earlier! Definitely do Louis Muellers......for the experience and the brisket/beef rib....but at 120 in the afternoon be prepared for a long line......don't remember too much about the Salt Lock other than its in a beautiful area and was as hilly as Texas can get (I spent most of my life in Virginia...these bumps out here barely qualify as hills :rolleyes:) oh and that I had taken a very beautiful woman out there to eat while we visited her equally beautiful sister who was attending UT at the time......Kruez market in Lockhart is another option to consider.....Blacks was really good and Smittys down the street is a good option too

Last edited:
You can go to Mueller's early, I 10:30 he starts serving (might want to check that) but you could walk right up and get your Brisket, it will heat up just fine latter

Back