My Lang is home! Pic intensive.

Thanks guys. Not cooking today. I've been too busy splitting wood for her. I also spent quite some time leveling her new home.

Snapped some more photos.

20151115_101338.jpg

20151115_101257.jpg

20151115_101026.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats! That little Lang will cook a mess of food too.

Thin Blue Smoke rules!!!!

picture.php

(A friend's 36 - loaded; cooked just fine!!!!)

Hey Bandid, from your sig you seem to be the resident lang collector. I have two questions about seasoning a lang. Do you oil the outside of the cooker? And so you do the inside of your firebox? I know thats a no on the official lang instructions but i wanted your take on it. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hey Bandid, from your sig you seem to be the resident lang collector. I have two questions about seasoning a lang. Do you do you oil the outside of the cooker? And so you do the inside of your firebox? I know thats a no on the official lang instructions but i wanted your take on it. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the complement... seasoning the cooker - stayed with natural bacon grease on the exterior cooking chamber, and PAM (in the spray can) within the chamber including the trays. The firebox exterior 'may be oiled/greased down lightly' before lighting up.

Haven't had the desire to do the insides of the firebox.

You will love her....

Thanks all. So... what do you all think I should cook first on her maiden voyage?

I personally marinade my chicken with Italian dressing overnight. I really find that this keeps the chicken really moist. JMO.

I use herbs or spices. I don't think you can put the wrong things on chicken. It just depends on what I feel at the time. Sometimes I simply just use SPOG.

Have not dine much chicken in a smoker. Any good recipes? :-D

I like just SPOG if I'm not eating it right out of the smoker. That way I can use the meat for soup, chicken salad, chicken and dumplings or anything else my heart desires. Cooked chicken can be used so many ways I like to keep it kinda generic.

I strongly suggest you try Alabama white BBQ sauce if you haven't, it is amazing on a smoked bird!

Back