The New to Me BX 50 is Home!!

TC Smoke & Que

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Rick
I have been dreaming about a Meadowcreek BX 50 from the minute I saw them, and a couple of weeks ago, I joined a local FB BBQ page, and there she was !!! Just posted 2 hrs before I joined, $1500.00. When I showed the wife, her first words were "We have the Money"!
So I made contact with the woman selling it and went to see it down in Ft. Laud.
Her husband had passed away earlier this year, and his last cook was Dec 18, before he got sick.He had cooked a few comps, but mostly, back yard cooking, so only needs a good clean up / TLC. I wasn't going to haggle on the price because I know the value of this rig.
Also a huge bin of cooking tools, a bag of Hickory splits, and a heavy cover to boot!!
So yesterday, with the help of a neighbor, and a U-Haul Moto, I went and picked it up. Other than a belt breaking on the left rear on the way back everything went good. As I am changing the tire, the "Road Ranger" passes right by. thanks.
Also a huge bin of cooking tools, a bag of Hickory splits, and a heavy cover to boot!!

So here she is at her new home!! Looking forward to giving this girl some overdue Loving and doing a Break In Fatty!!!

Last edited:
Yeah those are pretty sweet cookers.
Nice score brother.
I think if I was you Id find out what the gentleman that passed away what was his last cook or what was his favorite to cook in it.
Then I would do an honor cook of a fellow passing BBQer.

Looking forward to seeing it in action and making your family happy with delicious food.

Yeah those are pretty sweet cookers.
Nice score brother.
I think if I was you Id find out what the gentleman that passed away what was his last cook or what was his favorite to cook in it.
Then I would do an honor cook of a fellow passing BBQer.

Looking forward to seeing it in action and making your family happy with delicious food.

In talking with his wife, in which we became friends, I found out that he Loved Brisket, His last cook was Turkey breasts for the Church for their Christmas Dinner.
She has not been able to intern him in the Veterans Cemetery or have a Celebration of Life for him because of the Covid situation. I told her that I would be Honored to provide the Brisket, and any other Que she wanted for the Celebration of Life.
He really Loved this smoker and I will place his name, in memory and honor, on it before I even fire her up.

In talking with his wife, in which we became friends, I found out that he Loved Brisket, His last cook was Turkey breasts for the Church for their Christmas Dinner.
She has not been able to intern him in the Veterans Cemetery or have a Celebration of Life for him because of the Covid situation. I told her that I would be Honored to provide the Brisket, and any other Que she wanted for the Celebration of Life.
He really Loved this smoker and I will place his name, in memory and honor, on it before I even fire her up.

That was an awesome offer and gesture you gave her.
I'm sure she more than appreciated that.

I have said it MANY MANY times that the worlds problems could be solved by BBQers with a good old fashion cookout and set down fellowship.
We could accomplish so many good things.

That was an awesome offer and gesture you gave her.
I'm sure she more than appreciated that.

I have said it MANY MANY times that the worlds problems could be solved by BBQers with a good old fashion cookout and set down fellowship.
We could accomplish so many good things.

Amen, We just have to put it into practice more often! I too believe Que can be a great Healer!!

Very nice find with a unique story behind it. Kind of you to honor him and continue to support her however you can.

Please share your cooks on it! Would love to see it in action.

Nice cooker Rick, and your offer to the previous owners wife is fantastic. You could have honked as you drove by.

I was a little busy with that tire, and the spare is older so I was a little concerned with that too. But, maybe we can get a S. Fl bash together before the end of the year?

Back