Move over McRib, here comes the McSpam

Dammit Paul! I was going to do the EXACT SAME THING! Except I was going to fit it in the starfish thingie. Brilliant idea though. Great minds think alike eh? :thumb:

Dammit Paul! I was going to do the EXACT SAME THING! Except I was going to fit it in the starfish thingie. Brilliant idea though. Great minds think alike eh? :thumb:

I think you should still do the starfish thing. I'm pretty sure I could use some meat sculpting tips from a master... :becky:

Classic - I was just arguing with some coworkers yesterday that the McRib was nothing more than SPAM w/ BBQ sauce on it. They didn't believe me but this looks like very convincing evidence!!

It has almost been so long since I've had spam that I am actually somewhat tempted to try this. Then again, it came off the Croc-a-que so how could it be bad? :heh:

It has almost been so long since I've had spam that I am actually somewhat tempted to try this. Then again, it came off the Croc-a-que so how could it be bad? :heh:

It might have even picked up some of the Crock Lobster flavor that didn't get scrubbed off the grill from the previous cook... :shocked:

That's funny!
Went to a freinds birthday party last weekend, brought along some Moinks, some bacon wrapped dates, ABT's, a fatty, and a couple of cans of SPAM I'd scored and cooked low and slow about 2 hours or so..., then cut into cubes along the score marks.

Was amazed at how many folks who tried it thought it was ham!:crazy:

I hadn't eaten SPAM (or McRibs for that matter) for many years, until Divemaster made up some (SPAM candy?) for Angelos b-day party in Libertyville. The stuff doesn't taste awful, I have to say, but I'll probably need to up my Crestor dose if I keep eating it!

I'm sure glad you guys like this crap 'cause I sure don't. YUCK!!:icon_sick I guess this is what they meant when they said: "It's the sort of thing you will like if you like that sort of thing."

I'm sure glad you guys like this crap 'cause I sure don't. YUCK!!:icon_sick I guess this is what they meant when they said: "It's the sort of thing you will like if you like that sort of thing."

I never claimed to like the McRib, and was honestly surprised that the McSpam was more than just edible. What I like is poking fun at the McRib fad. And the crockpot BBQ crowd. And finding creative uses for canned meat products. :heh:

Back