Make Quick BBQ Brisket with Guy Fieri :-)

Doesn't look bad, actually, looks pretty good, but not thinking I'd try it.

BBQ is not the sauce, it's what the sauce goes on. I don't think I will ever waste a good brisket or drinking time doing it this way.

What is a pork brisket? from the recipe link

Quote "This tender pork brisket recipe tastes like it’s made in a slow cooker, but a quick 30 minutes in the pressure cooker makes it a truly “out-of-bounds” experience."

This is how I thought you cooked brisket until I grew up. This is similar to my mother's recipe except she used the Texas crutch and cooked it slow in the oven. I t was really tasty but of course no bark.

Last edited:
I'll have to watch this one at home tonight. I like the concept of cooking in 30 minutes, but yea... it certainly takes the romance out of a 12 hour "smoke and beer marathon".
I love that dude, he's the first fellow to make cooking "cool", (well, Emril got pretty close).

Well, I can see putting brisket on the smoker for 2-3 hours, forming a nice bark and then into the pressure cooker to finish. If I can cook a brisket in 3 hours that has smoke and bark and is that tender and moist, and have time to put away a six-pack, it sounds like it's worth a try.

I heard he has a great personality and a great palate, but can't cook which is how he ended up on cooking shows.
I like him. Never actually met him, but like his TV personality.

Yea, he looks like he'd be fun to hang with, I think he'd be a hoot.

I haven't done a brisket in years, now that l have a real smoker I plan on changing that. I do corned beef several times a year and may try this. I use a crock pot. I love my pressure cooker for beans and stuff.

Back