LSG Fire management basket

Im doing my first cook with the LSG Fire Management Basket today and so far I am really impressed. My vertical offset is normally fairly idiot proof to cook on and somehow this basket makes it even easier. The coal bed gets maintained without really having to do anything and I think overall Im having to use less wood.
Thanks for the input on your experience with it. I have one ordered along with the LSG Offset Cabinet.

Im doing my first cook with the LSG Fire Management Basket today and so far I am really impressed. My vertical offset is normally fairly idiot proof to cook on and somehow this basket makes it even easier. The coal bed gets maintained without really having to do anything and I think overall Im having to use less wood.

The basket makes cooking on my LSG vertical offset super easy. I concur with every thing you have said.

I continue to be impressed with this basket. Really glad I decided to get one after having my LSG for a few years.

Same here. I used the basket for the first time last weekend, what a difference!
Smoker was a lot easier to run. As I said in another thread... worth every penny and I cant sing its praises enough.

My only criticism would be... it should be standard on all the LSG smokers. It shouldn't be an "accessory".

(They didn't have it when I bought my LSG)

You mean Darian Kosmos fire basket. Chris just stole the design. I dont think Chris has an original idea in his head.

You mean Darian Kosmos fire basket. Chris just stole the design. I dont think Chris has an original idea in his head.

Besides the general trapezoidal shape, they look pretty different?

The LSG version walls are also heavy-duty steel as opposed to wire?

I agree this does seem pretty fishy. Of the million possible designs to create something to hold logs in a firebox how did two separate people both think to create a basket type device???

We have one of the custom made Smokin Hot BBQ Baskets (Rob makes the "kosmos" design and many others) we use on our Shirley Fab. It is a serious heavy duty basket. I am sure it does exactly what the LSG basket does, but I like the rolled bar bottom grate vs expanded metal. It I feel the rolled bars allow the ash to fall away and maintain a better coal base vs the expanded metal which sometimes stuff the fire a bit due to ash collection. But that is just me. I mean it is BBQ not brain surgery.

Ever try to buy the Kosmos fire basket? What? you mean it was never marketed? Was it patented?

So, Henry Ford, the guys that started General Motors, etc must've stolen the idea of a gasoline powered automobile from Benz....

I do not think think Chris invented BBQ smokers either.... mmmm just makes a whole bunch of them and has a highly successful business.

:crazy:

Back