Chuck roast over open fire

edmonds

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Steve
Arm roast actually, somewhat leaner than chuck.
NB: this is grilled, not a pot roast, not smoked.
Nice beefy flavor, cooked medium to medium-rare.

And check out the Oppenheimer beer glass from the Flying Saucer, 2008.

2.5 lb arm roast scored diagonally, then marinated overnight (oil, acid, aromatics/spices).
Cooked over red oak, medium-low heat (7+ hand-seconds) to IT=135F, 2 hours total.
Turned every 15 min and basted with reserved marinade (boil before using). Good color so didn't sear.
Grilled carrots, onions, sweet peppers, smashed potatoes.
Everything homegrown, including meat (grass fed Dexter), veggies, even garlic.
See here for my video of chuck cooked over a campfire (with ukulele picking Can't Help Myself).

IMG-8851.jpg

IMG-8870.jpg

IMG-8875.jpg

IMG-8874.jpg

IMG-8889.jpg

IMG-8891.jpg

IMG-8893.jpg

IMG-8894-1.jpg

IMG-8897.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Vegetables look good, but whatever filter you are using doesn't do that Chuck justice. Ive noticed a lot of posters using these filters................

Vegetables look good, but whatever filter you are using doesn't do that Chuck justice. Ive noticed a lot of posters using these filters................

Wasn't really liking the photos either. I used iPhone default. Usually use a micro 4/3 mirrorless, and those always turn out good.

But the food was mighty tasty and fun to cook, so wanted to share.

Last edited:
Great cook, Steve. You've got some skills! I'd destroy this plateful and be asking for more... :hungry:

IMG-8897.jpg

Turns out iPhone camera was in "dramatic" mode.
I must have inadvertently changed the photo options.

Turns out iPhone camera was in "dramatic" mode.
I must have inadvertently changed the photo options.

Don't pay the peanut galley any attention... Your pictures were fine and the meal looked great! For whatever reason, the majority of comments coming from that "member" always have some sort of dig included.

Back