Lighter fluid versus cubes, torches chimney etc

Save some of your dryer lint, bit of oil, pretty sure you produce more lint than you'll ever need. Fantastic for starting fires when camping.

LOOFTLIGHTER is the way of the Jedi.

Looftlighter_BBQ_Starter_11-sixhundred.jpeg

I have an electric new unopened, I use cubes, chimney etc mostly, but at 56 I like to squirt sometimes too :))

Butt, and it's a big BUT- all my friends with BGE's use the Looflighter. I have two ceramic (never ever would use fluid in ceramic) cookers that I use a lot. Mini BGE and a Primo Oval XL. Each of them I start with one cube.

Seems a lot of folks use cotton balls. I wonder what chemicals are used to process those uniform pretty white puffs of cotton

Another one for the weed burner...takes longer to get it and connect it to the tank than it does to get the charcoal started.

The grocery business reports sales of Charcoal Lighter Fluid of over 56 Million dollars, another 50 million by HD, Lowes, Wally, etc. so apparently somebody is using it!

I used to use lighter fluid. Now, I only use newspaper and my Weber chimney.

Using lighter fluid does make me a bit nostalgic from when my dad used to grill when we would go out to the beach..Sniff, sniff. Give me a minute. Talk amongst yourselves. :Cry:

Nobody uses fluid, nobody voted for The President!! My JUCO degree can't connect those dots so Ill just eat a simple breakfast of deer fatty and a boiled egg and enjoy the responses

Last edited:
On my big RF trailer pit I either use the weed burner I have mounted on the trailer or kindling to get a wood fire going, no charcoal. For my 26.65 OGT or SJ I use a weber cube and chimney for convenience. I tried paper, but we quit getting printed newspaper and remembering to stock up became a pain. Never really liked LF because of storage, I'm pretty anal about having combustables in/near the house or my barns. I've never really been able to "taste" LF in grilled or smoked foods but the storage issue alone is enough for me to not use it.

I get newsprint delivered into my mailbox for free. Soy ink on recycled paper. If I don't use it to start my coals, it's a disposal hassle. Plus there is the entertainment of watching the dogs dance when I start crumpling up the paper, because that means the grill is being started. You won't see that for lighter fluid.

I throw my chimney on the side burner of my gasser. simple, fast, easy, no residue, no ash from paper!

I used to use lighter fluid. Now, I only use newspaper and my Weber chimney.

Using lighter fluid does make me a bit nostalgic from when my dad used to grill when we would go out to the beach..Sniff, sniff. Give me a minute. Talk amongst yourselves. :Cry:

Hell Yea!!!!!!

Nobody uses fluid, nobody voted for The President!! My JUCO degree can't connect those dots so Ill just eat a simple breakfast of deer fatty and a boiled egg and enjoy the responses
I've voted in every presidential election since I could legally vote, and I don't use lighter fluid to start coals.

Back