Lighter fluid

I have actually left a family function hungry, only to go get food afterwards.

I am that person.

Do you also complain if someone brings those premade frozen burger patties?

I remember one time someone brought burger patties in the shape of dinosaurs or something for the kids, again, you know who had to chime in they were frozen and not fresh.

Do you also complain if someone brings those premade frozen burger patties?

I remember one time someone brought burger patties in the shape of dinosaurs or something for the kids, again, you know who had to chime in they were frozen and not fresh.

Bubba Burgers?

Heck no!
I’m a redneck from NC, that’s like manna from heaven to us

Attachments

• 11CCAA19-C639-4F4A-8C81-67BDBB5BE14F.jpeg
    11CCAA19-C639-4F4A-8C81-67BDBB5BE14F.jpeg
    31.9 KB · Views: 54
Bubba Burgers?

Heck no!
I’m a redneck from NC, that’s like manna from heaven to us

I dunno, Are they in the shape of Dinosaurs? Ive never bought bubba burgers. If i don't have time to make my own frozen patties, I buy them from a local meat market that sells oversized patties for a reasonable price even recently they were $3.99/lb which about the same price for 80/20 at grocery chains in my area.

I'm usually doing the bulk of the cooking for the gatherings. If not, I'm always well informed on who is cooking, and have no problems stopping at a drive through before I get there, so I'm not hungry the entire time.

But also, nobody I know, uses lighter fluid-so it's more a matter of "oh, she's going to overcook and dry out everything, so better grab a burger"

I haven't used lighter fluid in probably 25 years, but the smell pf lighter fluid and charcoal burning definitely brings back good memories.

Ditto. I have a buddy that uses it when we come over to his place...but it's been a while. Let's just say I get my fix when I occasionally eat there.

I'm usually doing the bulk of the cooking for the gatherings. If not, I'm always well informed on who is cooking, and have no problems stopping at a drive through before I get there, so I'm not hungry the entire time.

But also, nobody I know, uses lighter fluid-so it's more a matter of "oh, she's going to overcook and dry out everything, so better grab a burger"

I don't understand the getting food before hand. Maybe its a polish thing, but when we have these family reunion picnics every year there is so much good food like Halupki's, perogies, latkes, Halushki, hamburger bbq, turkey bbq...ect hamburgers and hotdogs are generally there just for the kids.

I had one of those plastic bottles of lighter fluid sitting on a shelf in my garage for years. I finally decided I needed to throw it away and when I went to pick it up the bottle itself had deteriorated to the point that my fingers went right through it. I splashed lighter fluid all over myself and the garage.

So at one time I felt some nostalgia for it, but not so much anymore...

I don't understand the getting food before hand. Maybe its a polish thing, but when we have these family reunion picnics every year there is so much good food like Halupki's, perogies, latkes, Halushki, hamburger bbq, turkey bbq...ect hamburgers and hotdogs are generally there just for the kids.

You said it yourself. You know there will be 'so much good food' and if I know there will be good food, then I don't pregame. It depends on the event. For a big potluck like the 4th of July, I know I can skip the food I won't like, and focus on the things that I will, and no need to worry. Other times I'm more interested in the 'hang' and know that cook will leave me disappointed, so I eat first.

I don't need to be the one cooking for everything, and I don't think I'm the only one that knows how to cook. But if I know I won't like what's being served-I work around it. I adjust to the situation and make sure I can focus on having fun, and not "how the crap did they manage to overcook every single thing today?"

Back