Leftover Pulled Pork Ideas?

Breakfast Bowl, much like Tia B's in ABQ:

Big cereal bowl to start
- A few Fritos in the bottom
- Few hashed browns, if you've got 'em
- Good bit of pulled pork
- 1-2 Fried Eggs (w/ runny yolks, please)
- Shredded cheese
- Red Chile Sauce (or another option... chili? whatever you'd like - go nuts)
- Sliced avocado sure is nice on top
- Dollop of sour cream? Dollop of green chile dip?

Let the cheese melt. Put the cold stuff on just before serving.

Tear it up.

Thank gawd I saw this post. The most fantastic way to use up leftover pulled pork hasn't been listed yet!

The tastiest thing you can do with leftover pulled pork is BBQ eggrolls :mrgreen:

Here's the way I do it:

BBQ Eggrolls
Ingredients
• 4 egg roll wrappers
• 1 cup chopped smoked pork
• 1/4 cup sweet BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Rays)
• 1 tsp BBQ rub (I use Zero to Hero)
• 2 mozzarella sticks
• Egg wash (1 egg and 1 Tbsp of cold water whisked together -this will be enough for 30 eggrolls)
• Oil for frying (canola)
Instructions
1. Mix the pork, sauce and BBQ rub together.
2. Cut Moz stick in half lengthwise. Then cut ea of those halves in half so you end up with 4 pieces about 2” long by ¼” wide.
3. Place egg roll wrapper on counter diagonally so one corner points towards you.
4. Place 1/4 cup of the pork mix and 2 pieces or cheese in the center lower third.
5. Moisten top corner with the egg wash.
6. Roll bottom of egg roll wrapper over the mixture. Fold the two side corners inwards. Roll upwards to the top corner. Repeat with other 3 wrappers.
7. Place in 350f oil and deep fry until golden, about 1-2 minutes
8. Remove to a raised rack and keep warm while repeating with the others.

(The wife usually assembles these but the above is about how she does it. Portions aren't that critical, get some meat in there with some cheese and fry. It will be awesome)

Last edited:
Pulled Pork Croquettes - pulled pork in the center with a little cheese, wrapped in mashed potatoes, breaded and deep fried. There is a bar around the corner that does the very well and they are great dipped in a fruity/pepper jelly sauce.

Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese an Texas Toast - must have at least 2 kinds of cheese, but 3 is preferred. Add grilled onions and peppers as desired.

My contributions

Middle Eastern style!!

Make/buy a nice shallow bowl of Hummus with tahini in the middle
and put a generous heap of pulled pork (or pulled chuck roast for that matter)
right in the middle stacked up high. Add things like jalapeno slices, amba (preserved pickled mango sauce)

Pulled pork, shredded cheese, and enchilada sauce. Roll up in tortillas, pout in a 13x9, drizzle more sauces and cheeses and bake. Pulled pork enchiladas are the best.

Came to say exactly this. But i would like to add. If your going to make more then you can eat, use a hybrid corn/flour tortilla. They hold up better for next day reheats.

Back