Leftover pork spare ribs???

jjdbike

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
JD
Hey folks,

I’m planning a couple smokes and getting ready to place an order w/ Porter Road.
I’m doing beef Dino ribs next Saturday & pork Spare ribs the following Saturday.
I generally cook more than I need for the meal. I like to make good use of high quality expensive smoking wood & I love to have leftovers to get creative with.

I have all kinds of ideas for leftover Beef rib meat.

Do you folks have any suggestions for leftover smoked pork spare ribs?
If not, would I be able to vacuum pack and deep freeze. Gently warm upto temp w/ sous vide?

I’m eager to read your replies.

Respectfully,
JD

I reheat left over spare ribs by wrapping in foil and reheating in the oven or air fryer / toaster oven. Sometimes I add liquid to the them. I don't sous vide, don't even know what it is.

What are these leftover pork ribs you speak of? I don't know what those are?

Sorry I don't have any creative ideas, but I will tell you how I reheat leftover ribs. If I use the oven for a reheat, I will seal them in foil and add some apple juice before completely sealing them. I place them on an oven tray and into the preheated oven (250F) for about an hour. Check them by opening one end of the sealed packet to see how hot they are as they may need a little more time.

The other option is to reheat individual ribs in the microwave using the lowest setting possible as in the defrost option. You will have to experiment with how much time is needed for your your microwave will need to get the ribs up to temp, SLOWLY. If you use full power to reheat your ribs or any other BBQed meat, you will make those ribs tougher than Boolean algebra.

I know this isn't the answer you were looking for but I hope this helps.

Juggy

Beans or chili or go south of the border with tacos, burritos, chili rellenos (check out Cowgirls recent post on those delightful treats).

I like to slice them into singles and through them on the grill with a little sauce

M13rUmmh.jpg

Sous Vide ribs

I vac pac and sous vide all my BBQ leftovers. For ribs I cut the rack in half to facillitate using smaller Foodsaver bags. If doing brisket or pulled pork try to freeze some liquids from the cook and put a couple of spoonfuls in each bag. If juice is not frozen the vac will suck the liquid to the top of bag and out. We find the other options create an unpleasant leftover taste.

We used the meat for Cubano sandwiches, or reheat in the air fryer until they get a little crispy on the edges and eat like carnitas.

never done this before but why not debone and make a killer version of the Mc Rib?

If and when I do have leftover ribs, i just nuke em......

I actually prefer them reheated in the wave....(ducking for cover)....

I usually just refrigerate for a week and have plain old ribs again. No need to fire up the smoker again, just stick them in the electric box to reheat.

If you want something different, try dicing up the rib meat to put in a tortilla wrap for tacos with some coleslaw or grilled peppers and onions.

Spanish Rice, Green Chile Stew and beans. Possibilities are a Blanc canvas

I have some after todays cook and plan on removing the fat band bones to make pulled pork like sandwiches.

Back