THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jjdbike

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
JD
Hello Brethren,
I know this sounds like a silly and basic question. I took a piece of frozen skied brisket flat out of the freezer to use for taco Tuesday.
I’m wondering how I should reheat it so it’s moist and appropriately flavored for taco meat.
Shall I simply use a packet of low salt beef taco flavoring mix )like you’d use for ground beef for tacos)and reheat it in that? Should I slice and warm in low salt beef stock?
What do you recommend?
Thanks in advance!
JD

I would reheat in a warm water bath even better if you have a Souse Vide. Otherwise I would wrap it in foil with a couple of slabs of butter and throw it in the over at 225 for 30-45 minutes. If I'm using leftover smoked brisket I never use taco seasoning as the normal rub used when smoking is good enough.

I like mine simple with smashed avocado onion and a jalapeno.

Best brisket taco I have had was at Martin’s in Nashville, basically just chunks of brisket in a flour tortilla with slaw and some sauce.

Thanks everyone for your input.
This is what I did.
*Thawed the flat in the fridge.
*Preheated the oven to 325.
*Wrapped brisket in HD aluminum foil w/ pants of butter on both sides, added in some beef stock, and sprinkled brisket with chili powder.
*Heated to 160, and rested down to 140.
*Sliced thin, bathed in the liquid from foil and added more chili powder.
*Served w/ warm flour tortillas, pickled red onions, cotija cheese, how and mild salsa, pico, and shredded lettuce all on the side.
*Sides of refined pintos and Spanish rice.
*Enjoyed w/ Modelo Negro
Best beef tacos we've had. So good, we're doing taco Weds too!
Thanks again!
JD

Back