Reheating brisket?

NOHENS

Full Fledged Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
I’ve search….entire family is sick. I feel better, but I want to reheat brisket (half a flat not sliced) and do not have any beef broth? Any substitutes? Or should I slice it cold and reheat with….beer braise? Never had this much leftover…..but we all got sick and didn’t eat much Wednesday night for our Christmas dinner….

Sous vide that!

Or just reheat in a ziplock back in simmering water till it's nice and warm, then slice and eat.

I had bought a full brisket at Franklins like 18 months ago, and it's been in the freezer ever since. Finally broke it out for giftmas and followed their sous vide instructions (1 hour at 175*) and once I pulled it and sliced, it was the second best brisket I've ever had. First being fresh brisket at Franklins.

Thank you for responding. I don’t have the sous vide. But I do have zip lock bags. Like I said….it’s half the flat, unsliced. I don’t have a ziplock that big, or pot? Would you slice it to what we need and wrap in foil in the oven, or slice and do it to braise?

The zip locks in simmering, not quite boiling, water are your best bet.
I would slice what you think you'll eat.
I'd say just a bit of beer, since you don't have stock.
I wouldn't use more than a couple onces though.
You don't want to wash the bark off.
My 2nd choice, if you're warming the whole thing, in a pn in the oven with just enough liquid to cover the bottom, then plastic wrap and then foil wrapped as tightly as you can.
In the oven as low as it will go.
Usually, when you start to smell the brisket, it's about ready.

Yeah, I'd slice a chunk the size of what you want to eat, put that in the bag and simmer in a pot. Since it's a reheat and not a cook-that's close enough to what a sous vide will do.

Back