Birria Tacos Question

Kabuki Jo

Name or Nickame
Kabooks
I did some birria tacos recently following the recipe from Meat Church. I didn't use beef cheeks (as I didn't have them), but instead, I used a chuck roast and they were great. My wife absolutely loved them. Anyways, in a couple of weeks for Memorial Day, I'll be with some family at the lake and was thinking of doing it again. However, I have a slab of beef ribs that I was thinking of braising down to use for it. The wife doesn't like to eat beef ribs typically (they are too rich and fatty for her liking). I have a big slab in the freezer and was thinking this may be good way to use them up.

Would that work, and if so how would you all go about that? I wasn't sure if I could use the same process I used for braising the roast which was to lightly sear the sides of the meat and then cook it at about 225 for 5 hours in adobo and beef stock until tender. Also, do I leave it on the bones or cut it off prior?

Thank you all for your time and help!

ive seen people use cheeks, chuck, short ribs, combos as well, smoked, then braised til tender. i just picked up some cheeks at a local meat market myself for this! if it were me id leave the bones on for maximum flavor! similar to ox tail cooks

Yes, beef ribs will work fine. Your choice of meat etc.,is up to you.

cTOaPsP.jpg

Back