Leftover brisket tacos question please

jjdbike

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
JD
Hello Brethren,
I know this sounds like a silly and basic question. I took a piece of frozen skied brisket flat out of the freezer to use for taco Tuesday.
I’m wondering how I should reheat it so it’s moist and appropriately flavored for taco meat.
Shall I simply use a packet of low salt beef taco flavoring mix )like you’d use for ground beef for tacos)and reheat it in that? Should I slice and warm in low salt beef stock?
What do you recommend?
Thanks in advance!
JD

I would reheat in a warm water bath even better if you have a Souse Vide. Otherwise I would wrap it in foil with a couple of slabs of butter and throw it in the over at 225 for 30-45 minutes. If I'm using leftover smoked brisket I never use taco seasoning as the normal rub used when smoking is good enough.

I like mine simple with smashed avocado onion and a jalapeno.

Best brisket taco I have had was at Martin’s in Nashville, basically just chunks of brisket in a flour tortilla with slaw and some sauce.

Thanks everyone for your input.
This is what I did.
*Thawed the flat in the fridge.
*Preheated the oven to 325.
*Wrapped brisket in HD aluminum foil w/ pants of butter on both sides, added in some beef stock, and sprinkled brisket with chili powder.
*Heated to 160, and rested down to 140.
*Sliced thin, bathed in the liquid from foil and added more chili powder.
*Served w/ warm flour tortillas, pickled red onions, cotija cheese, how and mild salsa, pico, and shredded lettuce all on the side.
*Sides of refined pintos and Spanish rice.
*Enjoyed w/ Modelo Negro
Best beef tacos we've had. So good, we're doing taco Weds too!
Thanks again!
JD

Back