Just a Skirt Steak

I still think she sold the ranch and just moved to the lake. :shock:

Great looking cook as always Jeanie...

You have no idea, on how much I want to sit next to that fire and eat that

For some reason skirt steak isn't very popular in this area (South Louisiana) but your photos sure make me want to try some. The Allegro is also a great marinade for making beef jerky.

I've never seen a skirt steak that big before, at least not around here.
I'm lucky if they're 1lb or better.

Really nice Jeanie, super simple and flavorful. Great meal to cap off a great weekend.

I'm all but drooling on the keyboard looking at those pictures. :-D

I've never heard of Alegro. Is it a line of commercial sauces?

Thank you everybody!! We need to have a Brethren bash at that lake. :mrgreen:
My butcher had a few untrimmed skirt steaks so I grabbed a couple. Had to do some trimming before marinating but it was no big deal.

I'm all but drooling on the keyboard looking at those pictures. :-D

I've never heard of Alegro. Is it a line of commercial sauces?

Thank you Bruce! The Allegro is a commercial marinade. I mainly use it on wild game but it works well with any meat.

The only thing I don't like about when you go camping is the fact that I'm not there! :hungry:

I loves me some skirt steak - never heard of it or fajitas until I moved to TX in the 80's. I had a housemate who was a great TX cook who'd marinate that stuff in tequila and lime juice - good eats! Anyway - yours looks fantastic - I wouldn't expect it any other way! I need to to this very, very soon. Thanks for posting Jeanie!

The only thing I don't like about when you go camping is the fact that I'm not there! :hungry:

I loves me some skirt steak - never heard of it or fajitas until I moved to TX in the 80's. I had a housemate who was a great TX cook who'd marinate that stuff in tequila and lime juice - good eats! Anyway - yours looks fantastic - I wouldn't expect it any other way! I need to to this very, very soon. Thanks for posting Jeanie!

Thanks Greg! Come on out, there's always room for you around the campfire. :grin:
Your housemate's tequila lime marinade sounds tasty, think I need to give that a try! Thanks for the kind comment Greg.. :hug:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Just went diving in my chest freezer. Found skirt steak and moved it to the fridge. Allegro on shopping list. Gonna be good in a week or so. Thanks!!!!!

Just went diving in my chest freezer. Found skirt steak and moved it to the fridge. Allegro on shopping list. Gonna be good in a week or so. Thanks!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing your pics Adams! :becky:

Sometimes,simple is supreme.I was worried at first.Cowgirl, (Miss Jeanie),and and a skirt just don't sound rite together. Delicious lookin vittles. :clap:

Back