Flank Steak Tacos--Taco Throwdown

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
I don't care what I have to do but a Taco throwdown entry is a must for me. My brother has a Crowd Cow subscription and he had so much flank steaks accumulated he "donated" 4 packs to me. I had brought it up to the cabin and forgot about them until I peeked in the freezer again on Sunday

Trimmed and thinned it down to cook it like flap meat which is usually my choice of meat for tacos

shI1W8Uh.jpg

Let it marinate for a few hours

0Yeiga1h.jpg

In the meantime I fire roasted some peppers

hHOQ32Eh.jpg

Skinned and took out the seeds

VV1GBrch.jpg

Then made some toppings. Red onion, cilantro and pico de gallo

P5uEuBJh.jpg

XXjF0Hjh.jpg

Grilled a piece of the flank steak

67Hvoxah.jpg

Warmed up some tortillas and lined them up with the roasted chiles

uyY2zd6h.jpg

Then the meat

Fqoix2wh.jpg

Salsa roja, avocado salsa, a little pico, red onion and cilantro, squirted a wedge of lime on each one. Doesn't get any better than this boys!!:clap2:

iV23dcih.jpg

iQc2s2nh.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Beautiful! Nicely done Sako!

You've inspired me. Off to the market to get some supplies.

Bruce

Being from where I'm from, I just don't get the roasted chili fervor I see here.
Is it the taste or the heat you quest for?
Ed

Being from where I'm from, I just don't get the roasted chili fervor I see here.
Is it the taste or the heat you quest for?
Ed

It more for taste Ed. Plenty of heat from the salsas. It's pretty uncommon to line chiles up in tacos etc. but I, like 16Adams, love chiles in any which way I can get 'em. :mrgreen:

Those look great! If Costco calls, please don't sell them frozen. Give me fresh or give me.....I can't think of anything. Just offer them fresh or not at all.

Back