Meatloaph - It's What's Phor Dinner

Al Czervik

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Scott/Mongo
Being a Pharker who's true to his word (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4673906&postcount=14) to follow is what we had Phor dinner yesterday.

We call it Primovarious Mongolian MeatloaPh Italiano...

Started with a proprietary blend of ground chuck, hot Italian sausage, pepperoni, sweet onion, yellow pepper, egg, panko, shrooms, black olives, woosty, shredded cheeses, marinara/gravy, garlic, S&P, crushed red pepper & and Italian spices...

81NzFWF.jpg

Got the Oval cruising towards a 250 target temp...

aXhFFpb.jpg

Hucked on a couple red oak chunks from backyard trimmings once target temp was achieved...

SCuAQ7T.jpg

And on goes the meatloaf...

nB0WvBF.jpg

About an hour in...

cwmNMVb.jpg

And done about 90 minutes later...

Jf6Q5vS.jpg

Served with a generous ladle of gravy, buttery garlic bread and Caesar salad...

Mo1tkCS.jpg

b9DSzXf.jpg

My bride said it was mighty tasty with just the right balance of smoke, heat and seasonings so I'll call that a win!

Thanks for looking. :thumb:

Last edited:
Ditto the compliments above. Question - did you have a choice between using mod 'ed aluminum pan vs aluminum foil? If so, why choice of pan? Is it easier to pick it up after smoking?

Dude, that looks seriously good.
I bet the pepperoni addition, besides flavor, adds some good moisture.

Old, wtf…lol

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words, gang. It's one of those scratch recipes that's been modified and tweaked over the years that my wife really enjoys.

The addition of pepperoni was fairly recent, and does provide a nice flavor, texture and moisture boost. The modified foil pan hack was inspired by ease of handling concerns plus providing more surface area for smoke absorption.

Love the idea! Looks great. I made a slew of them today, and they are all a bit crumbly :x not sure what exactly I need to change for that one.

Again.. I want this one.

I'm laying out my chili with taco's, guac, sour cream, shredded cheese, corn chips. It's all there.

I want MEATLOAF!

Back