Pizza Thursday!

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
Decided pizza was on the menu last night. Homemade dough and sauce. Used whole milk mozzarella, "old world" pepperoni from Ralphs on the first few pies.

r8zlbXoh.jpg

The next couple of pies I wanted something different so I decided on mortadella and pistachio pies

Farkin' delicious!!

cLeA9zrh.jpg

6YdxxZ4h.jpg

aG7AFBzh.jpg

aAxGRbhh.jpg

2DD1VYyh.jpg

yhklmB3h.jpg

Here's what all went into making the mortadella pistachio pies:

Italian pesto

Ebtb0fch.jpg

Garlic and pistachio mortadella, whole milk mozzarella

Q1hdGHnh.jpg

Into the Blackstone

IrSyR5gh.jpg

Fresh out of the oven

3Jq8Amth.jpg

Topped with more mortadella and fresh cracked pistachios

IIPXwuah.jpg

Ntum9hEh.jpg

Parmigiano Reggiano, black pepper and olive oil

rKXNg9Dh.jpg

recps4Ah.jpg

Just the way I like it

Vq0pzgNh.jpg

Even got a lunch for today

ESBd55Ch.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Looks great, the legit pizza boxes are a nice touch :thumb:

Thanks!

My Costco Business sells them in S,M,L sizes. Beats storing leftover pizza in tupperware and makes carrying them easier for lunch the next day.

Nice work Sako. I need to put my Blackstone to work. Been doing Sicilian pies in the oven lately. Time to go back to traditional. Also need to check my Costco for boxes. Did not know they carried them.

Nice work Sako. I need to put my Blackstone to work. Been doing Sicilian pies in the oven lately. Time to go back to traditional. Also need to check my Costco for boxes. Did not know they carried them.

Thanks George!

I was on a Neapolitan cooking binge on the Roccbox but I got back to basics with the Blackstone.

Not sure if regular Costcos carry the boxes but if you have a business center near you then sure do.

Nice work! Been doing a lazy version of pizza with a round stone on my gas grill. Lazy for using store/pizzaria bought dough. I suspect there are differences between a pizza oven and a stone on a gas grill, but content with the lesser of cooking options. Maybe someday....... Again, nice work.

Great idea with the mortadella/pistachio pie! Indeed, boxes are great, I get mine at Chefs Store (cash/carry)

Nice work! Been doing a lazy version of pizza with a round stone on my gas grill. Lazy for using store/pizzaria bought dough. I suspect there are differences between a pizza oven and a stone on a gas grill, but content with the lesser of cooking options. Maybe someday....... Again, nice work.

Thanks G-Man!

I'll be honest with and say that if you have a half decent oven you can turn out some amazing pies.

I made these in my cabin oven. Nothing special but a GE double oven and not even convection. A nice pizza stone or a pizza steel will do the trick.

ScbgahIh.jpg

HSwH3dLh.jpg

pjLoYuQh.jpg

Rw3TGnjh.jpg

Last edited:
Back