In progress…Fabled 3 Bone Pork Chop (Perry’s)

If I had to choose from the photo of your version vs theirs, I'd pick yours:

3b9aca1c762539ffaf40375377088b51.jpg

Really appreciate that you just dived into this, John! If you were to do this again, what would you do differently? Pull the meat earlier?

Definitely, pull it earlier. Was still pretty happy with it.

Good gracious! That looks delicious!

Absolutely love the photo that's been quoted a couple of times... with the butter and garnish. I'm drooling over here, man.

Looks great. I just did and ate one roasted in oven, loin without the bones (ispired by this thread). Was great. Harvest brine for 24 hrs. some of my pork rub and a glaze. Yucca frita and salad to garnish.

Ok, so I too have had many a Perry's pork chop. They are amazing.

I disagree that they are "just shy of pulled pork". They are not. The center loin part is just a well-cooked pork loin. It is definitely not cured. No hammy taste whatsoever. I'm not sure it's even brined, but it may be because they are juicy. Maybe a phosphate solution for moisture retention? I agree that the loin is the most boring part of the chop. It's still good, as long as you can get some of the seasoning from the outside on it. It's not glazed, but probably is a sugar based rub. Definitely not sauced to finish at all.

I was told that they are cooked hanging, so all the drippings head down to the pointy bit of the chop. Not sure how true that is, but I can say the pointy bit of the chop is the best bite, followed by the ribs.

Back