School me on pork loin

locolobo

is one Smokin' Farker
I don't post much on Q-talk 'cause I don't cook much. But Mrs. Lobo handed me the small end of a pork loin and told me to cook it.
Seems like I messed up a few days ago when she handed me 3 Filet mignon and told me the same thing. I covered them in Mcormick grill mates Montreal steak seasoning and threw 'em in a cast iron skillet with some EVOO & butter Turned out pretty good if I do say so myself.

Today I cut the loin into 3 pieces about 1.25" thick, And covered them with The same except I've added a layer of Weber roasted garlic & herb just 'cause I love garlic. Right now they're soakin up the spices while they finish thawin (still a little stiff in the middle). Gonna murder 'em the same way I did the filets.

Won't be no pics but I'll let ya know how they turned out!

Good luck! Just be careful not to overcook them in order to keep them from being too dry. A meat thermometer is your friend in this case. I pull pork loin at around 150*, some may say a little earlier, but it turns out great every time.

I have always liked putting this in a brine for a bit before grilling. Overnight is great but at least a few hours. Or curing them and smoking to make Canadian bacon.

Wife threw a monkey wrench into my plans. She asked for me to do it in the air fryer and what Mama wants, Mama gets. turned out pretty darned good after all. Spice rub was spot on! Looked on the net about cookin times and temps and tried to follow directions. Pulled it @ 150 instead of 145 (recommended)as directed only because it was only a couple minutes after 140 and BAM! Still pretty darned tender though after about 10 min resting, Waitin on Mama.
2000 miles and Food for Thot, I'll keep those ideas in mind, thanks!
I didn't cook it but I've had bacon wrapped PL before and it was great!

:scared:

Well, tell her not to buy that again. Not much you can do with it. So easy to dry it out.

I can guarantee I will try again. Use some of the suggestions here and do a little experimenting on my own. I do some steaks every once in a while but this is a first for me. Kinda glad Momma's loosening her apron strings!

This is 'Merica, the land of low fat.:becky:

What you speak of is near Unobtainium.

You might find some with a decent amount of fat left but even that will be a rare find.

That is very sad. A fantastic way to do pork loin in the airfryer is to score the skin, season with whatever you like and the skin crisps up with the fat protecting the lean flesh below. Pure deliciousness.

When is America going to realise eating fat makes you thin?:doh:

Back