I have a problem... (rant? long)

my niece says i am obsessed just because i halve four webers pizza kettle and a lang60 you can never halve to many grills or smokers

Eloquently written.
I WORKED on MY PROBLEM EARLIER - I LET GO
an older Summit nice grill I PAID $100 for, and bought
$40 in parts or so, but never got around to fixing it and selling it -

I GAVE IT AWAY FOR FREE to a Brethren!!

It was like going to confession.... I have way too many charcoal grills now.
Plus a rotisserie for a 22 I will never use again...

I got a free 22" kettle and rotisserie setup from my boss a couple years back. I drilled some stainless steel screws in the side of the ring to hold a grate. I use it when I'm smoking or when I want to do an elevated cook way up over a nice hot fire so I get flame broiled without the burnt.

Why do we fret about having too many cookers? What makes us look at every new idea that comes along in cooking gear? Why do we scan the entire internet doing research on new cooking gear? Why do we read this entire thread to see how to get rid of all of our excess cookers?

Then we replace everything with a new smoker that is designed to perform every cooking skill under the sun, and fabricated to last forever? Isn't that what starts the whole process over again?

I too was a collector of Qs, however, I only bought new stuff which made it even crazier. St one point I had a high end Napoleon prestige gasser, 22.5 weber one touch, 22.5 WSM, 2 KJ jr's, 2 KJ classics, 2 KJ big joes, and then added a 23" and 32" Komodo kamado. I since added a traeger pro 34 and recently upgraded to the timberline 1300

My wife and I agreed 2 years ago to make a challenge to reduce the amount of stuff we owned. Every six month we go through cupboards and closets and make donations to local charity to remove clutter and excess from our lives.

I am down to three grills now and couldn't be happier. I also made a hard fast rule with respect to my cooking accessories. If I haven't used them in a year they had to go. I sold off thousands in BBQ accessories ie cyberQ, Dutch ovens, rib racks, mavericks, multiple instant read therms, rubs etc etc.

I'm in a good place now but totally understand how one can get wrapped up in the hoarder way of life.

I vote for selling it off and getting one or two quality pieces.

Less is more!!!

A really good grill
A really good smoker
A really good portable
1 backup

That's my goal. I've got all the above- letting go by selling at a fair price, donating to charity or gifting to family and/or friends feels good.
You'll know when it's time.

Agree with this.

Incidentally, that whole list is covered by a 26" kettle and a 22" backup kettle.

The problem with the OPs collection is it's a bunch of small cookers, which is the worst possible setup IMO. Even if you were doing a cook big enough to need all that grate space, you're killing yourself doing that much work compared to having one big cooker.

Toss out everything but the WSM, your favorite kettle, and your favorite gasser. The rest of those Webers deserve to go to good homes where they'll be used.

Back