I have gas...

rwalters

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Robb
Been about a decade since I have owned or cooked on a gasser. Prior to that, I had several Weber Genesis grills and a Weber Q. Always did enjoy the ease and results of a gasser... not really sure why I have gone so long without one. Decided a couple months ago that I would keep an eye out for a good deal and strike when it happened. The goal: An older Weber Genesis or Q, in good condition, for no more than $200. Sidenote: I had a Weber Q 3200 about 13-14 years ago. I remember loving the simplicity and grilling power it had. A no frills workhorse. I also remember the compliments the steaks and burgers got coming off that grill. Deep down, I was hoping a Q 3200 would pop up before a Genesis... but I was ready to strike at either one. Simple weeknight grilling and veggies/sides/reverse searing/nasty weather cooking, will be the duties assigned to the gasser.

It happened last night. A gently used Q 3200, for $150, including cover... a $600ish retail value for $150. I plopped down a small deposit to hold until Friday when I go to pick up.

So yes, I have gas again :)

I surely cannot be the only Brethren who enjoys having gas?!?!

Attachments

• IMG_3399.jpg
    IMG_3399.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_3400.jpg
    IMG_3400.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 260
I have the smallest 1 since it came out many years ago, took regulator off so I could use it with my camper propane, works great but not used in a couple of years , dang covid

We definitely enjoy having gas. Our current home came with a Weber Summit stainless steel gas grill on the patio already connected to natural gas. No propane tanks to deal with. Very convenient for grilling any time. It does get used a lot.

Was able get it today instead of Friday. Did a quick burn-off/re-seasoning. Haven't had a grill in years that can hit 550-600° in under 10 mins. Me likey :)

You’re going to love your new “Q”, I own a Q300 and Q 320 at the vacation home. By looking at those model numbers you can tell how old they are and they are both totally usable at their age. Weber knocked it out of the park with the Q series.

It is 91F out. Just grilled up a Carne Crosta bacon burger on the natural gas Weber.

I also love it for cleaning and seasoning my smoker grates.. Especially in winter.

I too have gas, a Weber Q I bought for my boat. Neat little grill and I use it often. Still use the little bottles tho. And while it’s confession time …… I use pellets too! :oops:

I have had a gasser for years. When we moved to MA we had 2 gassers and the EGG. One gasser on a small deck the other by the pool. Used the deck one more as it was more convenient esp in Winter. Recently gave/sold the small gasser so I would have room for a Blackstone Griddle. Still really like food off the Egg but the convenience of the Gasser cant be beat

I too have gas, a Weber Q I bought for my boat. Neat little grill and I use it often. Still use the little bottles tho. And while it’s confession time …… I use pellets too! :oops:

Pellets and gas... two of the finer things in life :)

For me, I will never be without a gasser. In 112 to 116* heat index, my first 100* are free. The lid t'stat on the Weber is reading 100 before I even fire it. Oh yes, in extreme cold or heat I'll be outside as little as possible. On top of that, Happy 2nd day of Summer!

Back