Recommend a gasser for $1000

Fishwater2002

Full Fledged Farker
I haven’t had a gas grill in over 15 years but finally ready to get another one, can anyone recommend a decent one for $1000 or less? I used to have a Weber & tempted to pick up another but the new ones look to be a lower quality than the past

In 1990 i bought a Broilmaster P3 Gasser. Their catchphrase is "buy your last grill today". They were right.

34 years later, That grilll is still in my yard working fine. I had to rebuild the shelves a couple of years ago as the wood ones got pretty beat up. Repainted the body a couple times too. They claim the burners last 15 years. I replaced the burner in mine when it was 20. if you do a search in the forum you will probably see me recommending this grill many times. I got the stainless steel base and it ran about 1000$ back then. It s a bit more now but you can get it with the composite base for a little over a grand.

Broilmaster P3.

on edit. Went out and took some pics. its winter and i usually use my kettle or offset.. but the grills there for keeping stuff hot or when im lazy to do just a few burgers, so excuse the evidence of winter non-use. Still has its original cast iron grates. Replace the rocks with some ceramic/infrared plates. cant say enough about the durability of this grill. Its been thru 30+ NY winters and is never covered.

Attachments

• 20240304_140811.jpg
    20240304_140811.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 159
  • 20240304_140846.jpg
    20240304_140846.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 160
  • 20240304_140857.jpg
    20240304_140857.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 160
You do know you are in a BBQ forum right? :shock:

king-of-the-hill___99_problems_propane_aint_one.jpg

In 1990 i bought a Broilmaster P3 Gasser. Their catchphrase is "buy your last grill today". They were right.

34 years later, That grilll is still in my yard working fine. I had to rebuild the shelves a couple of years ago as the wood ones got pretty beat up. Repainted the body a couple times too. They claim the burners last 15 years. I replaced the burner in mine when it was 20. if you do a search in the forum you will probably see me recommending this grill many times. I got the stainless steel base and it ran about 1000$ back then. It s a bit more now but you can get it with the composite base for a little over a grand.

Broilmaster P3.

on edit. Went out and took some pics. its winter and i usually use my kettle or offset.. but the grills there for keeping stuff hot or when im lazy to do just a few burgers, so excuse the evidence of winter non-use. Still has its original cast iron grates. Replace the rocks with some ceramic/infrared plates. cant say enough about the durability of this grill. Its been thru 30+ NY winters and is never covered.

I also recommend Broilmaster.
I have had one for 23 years I replaced the burner for the 2nd time about 4 years ago.
10 years on a burner is great.
Never replaced anything else.

wife corrected me when i went out to take pics.. said i bought the broilmaster in 1996 not 1990. 1990 was this big ole honkin charbroil that lasted 5 years. yup.. shes right.. so the old girl is 28 years old, not 30..

the grill.. not the wife... :)

I too added a gasser to my collection of smokers for quick mid-week cooks.

I really like my Grilla Grills Primate. It is a large, stainless gasser that has a griddle insert as well as standard grill grates. I believe it is in your price range.

I saw some Nepolean's and I gotta say they got my attention... I don't have a current need for a gasser but would start there if I did.

I'm a long time Weber gas owner (2002 Genesis Gold B) and fanboi, but if I were buying new the Napolean's would be right up there, they sure look nice and have great reviews. I'd be ~really~ tempted. when the time comes the weber genesis s435 would be my choice, but... man, those napolean 4 burner grills are sweet and would get a serious look

Weber spirits are the lowest, the upper end ones are still good quality, nothing is what it was 20-30 years ago though. will always have a gas grill and a griddle in my line up.

Back