I get to empty my fridge tonight...and not the fun way.

Tasha is going to cherish this event.:-D It will be brought up for a reference to your children as another reason not to drink. I know it wasn't the alcohol but as time passes all tales change ever so slightly to benefit the storyteller.

On a happier note, look at the money saved on air conditioning last night, now you got more to spend on grocerys.

On a happier note, look at the money saved on air conditioning last night, now you got more to spend on grocerys.
I don't think it works that way. I bet my fridge was working pretty hard to keep the temp down and it's operation and heat output offset any local cooling of the kitchen :wink:

Yea, the power Co. always wins. Can't wait to see what gets cooked next, it like a week long soap opera, just can't wait till the next eppisode.

Alarm

Been there done that and it ain't no fun. I'm looking into putting a alarm on all my units. It just might save me the next time.

Yair . . . dunno folks.

Nine until six with a cracked open door on a fridge and you are talking toss most of the food? . . . most of it would have been okay just left out on the bench.

Time for a reality check I reckon . . . take milk for instance.

It used to be that in some parts of our towns it was delivered to the door before midnight and you would often see bottles still on the porch at eight or nine next morning . . . summer and winter in the semi tropics.

And what about meat? I slaughter and dress a out a sheep one evening, it hangs outside overnight.

About seven or eight next morning I break it down and hang it in the meatsafe away from all the flies. That night after work I cut it up and stack into the fridge or freezer.

There was life before refrigeration.

Cheers.

Yair . . . dunno folks.

Nine until six with a cracked open door on a fridge and you are talking toss most of the food? . . . most of it would have been okay just left out on the bench.

Time for a reality check I reckon . . . take milk for instance.

It used to be that in some parts of our towns it was delivered to the door before midnight and you would often see bottles still on the porch at eight or nine next morning . . . summer and winter in the semi tropics.

And what about meat? I slaughter and dress a out a sheep one evening, it hangs outside overnight.

About seven or eight next morning I break it down and hang it in the meatsafe away from all the flies. That night after work I cut it up and stack into the fridge or freezer.

There was life before refrigeration.

Cheers.
Truth is it wasn't MUCH...biggest loss was a $10 hatch chile and cheese stuffed tenderloin. The list of replacement items is only about 10-15 items and some of that is just stuff we like to have around.

102F56DE-C951-4FE4-B9A5-174D8DD36A43.jpg

Truth is it wasn't MUCH...biggest loss was a $10 hatch chile and cheese stuffed tenderloin. The list of replacement items is only about 10-15 items and some of that is just stuff we like to have around.

102F56DE-C951-4FE4-B9A5-174D8DD36A43.jpg

That sucks. Looks like a lot of food to me.

You get it all replaced?

That sucks. Looks like a lot of food to me.

You get it all replaced?
I made a list and will replace the necessities tomorrow. Some was leftovers, some was old stuff we used once and it sat, and some was fresh stuff. All-in-all, it wasn't much that we NEEDED.

Toss the opened sauces and jellies. Pickles should be okay.

In most of Europe they don't even refrigerate jams/jellies. Nothing that can hurt you could survive more than about 1/4 inch into that concentrated sugar/pectin solution. just scape off anything that forms (really unlikely, btw) and eat the rest.

Tough luck. I understand though. I went on vacation a couple years ago and my True reach-in cooler went on the fritz and I lost several hundred dollars of meat. Bummer:(

Boy my 5 dogs wish I lived next to ya...they live for mine and others mistakes! That Silk in in the picture is still good if its soy. Soy milk can last a week or so at room temp...but i refrigerate it anyways.

This has happened to me several times due to friends passing through my house using the pool table while I sleep...they get a beer and snacks...then walk off and leave the danged door open:mad2:

Boy my 5 dogs wish I lived next to ya...they live for mine and others mistakes! That Silk in in the picture is still good if its soy. Soy milk can last a week or so at room temp...but i refrigerate it anyways.

This has happened to me several times due to friends passing through my house using the pool table while I sleep...they get a beer and snacks...then walk off and leave the danged door open:mad2:
J-BIN-48-FRLOCK-6.jpg

Back