I get to empty my fridge tonight...and not the fun way.

Check with your homeowners insurance agent. Lots of HO policies have a provision that covers up to $500 of spoiled contents for many reasons and with no deductible.
Had a quick scan though my policy and it looks like they could cover something like this due to loss of power from equipment on my property (failed breaker or something), but not due to neglect (like me failing to close the door properly).

Unless you have any other thoughts, I don't HO insurance with cover this...

Sorry to hear it dude. Your list looks fine. And I wouldn't worry about the Mayo either, unless it is something that will just be on your mind next time you make a sandwich. Either way, not like Mayo costs the same as a brisket. Or a tri-tip. :shock:

I'm just glad this wasn't the garage fridge's freezer door as it is loaded with meat! It should be fairly inexpensive being the in-house fridge only and not the freezer in there, either.

I think your list looks fine Peeps, even that cooked meat is probably ok, but, why risk it.

That does suck, if only someone was there to take care of you

Yep!

I was gonna eat leftover tri-tip tonight and make you guys suffer through a thread on preparing a meal with left over tri-tip. Now you get the full new cook treatment again tonight!

What's the cocktail of choice for tonight?, I'll make one to drink along while you tease us!

What's the cocktail of choice for tonight?, I'll make one to drink along while you tease us!
Hmmm....either another margarita, or maybe some Simply Limeade mixed with some Dominican rum. Or beer.

We'll see what my mood is after picking up food.

Wow that sucks peeps...Good thing you didn't drink any real bear or you coulda left the freezer door open too! :p

Will Tasha believe you or will she think there is some sinister reason that the refer is cleaned out?

I already told her...she was bummed for me as well since I was talking up that Hatch chile stuffed pork tenderloin...

Pickles & most stuff containing vinegar will survive.....the vin "pickles" the goods to the point where there's much less chance of heebie-geebies growin' in it......

Sorry that happened, but a lot of the sterling comments would not have been possible without your suffering.................:heh:

In chipping out the ice from my ancient fridge freezer, I punched thru the wall & let loose the slime that it contained, proving once again, it doesn't matter whether it's right or wrong....it's whose fault it is.........I loved that old thing, but the new one works pretty good...........:wink:

I already told her...she was bummed for me as well since I was talking up that Hatch chile stuffed pork tenderloin...

You can drop off that contaminated tenderloin in Princeton. :thumb: I'll let you know if it was good. My stomach is yet to meet its bacterial match yet.

You can drop off that contaminated tenderloin in Princeton. :thumb: I'll let you know if it was good. My stomach is yet to meet its bacterial match yet.
Market Street has them. I think it was $10. I think it would be $10 in fuel, round trip! :wink:

Back