THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 BGEs, 4 WSMs, 1 bubba keg, and an electric smoker. You asked smokers, so grills weren't listed. I have them all because I'm a weirdo. And I love cooking, and hiding smokers at friends and family's houses.

2, weber kettle and a uds. I have not been able to get a lot of cooking in this summer. I am looking forward to this fall and making up for lost time.:-D

I have a WSM 18 for small cooks, thought since I got the LSG IV, it rarely gets used for even small cooks. I also have my workhorse, the Weber Performer, and a Shirley on order. I tell my wife I am done after the Shirley..but she knows better.

Had 9 Various Weber Kettles including 2 mini wsm and a nice gasser ..Got rid of everything except a Ranch Kettle ,A 26.75 Kettle, a 22 in Kettle and a Jumbo Joe ! Much better less Clutter Wife is Happy ! But its Just her and I so I still have plenty of fun

This thread is Weak Without Pics!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone go back and post pics of all your cookers!!! LOL

Mine:

BGE Mini - Bought this from a manager of a grocery store. He got it from a vender to give away. They retail for like $300...Got it for $125 brand new...

B985D68E-59BC-4BAF-8EC5-CB696D73706E_zpsiomtjvp1.jpg

D77A607F-F838-41A4-BA75-F398CFB4DAC6_zps9iq9bc8q.jpg

Large Egg - Was handed down this OLD late 1970's Egg (Clay not ceramic) from my uncle that had it handed down from my Grandfather. It was just sitting out in the elements. I rebuilt / referred it. It's cracked in a few places and have stopped cooking on it much because it's a family keepsake.

E01F07DE-D52E-4C16-A29E-2B09DF885E59_zpsv16olj5l.jpg

413BA49A-31AE-4490-8402-62F7A9EC890F_zpslba4v5pq.jpg

B230377C-816D-42C3-B0B1-3DD84D7860E2_zps8whquk8o.jpg

Old Country Wrangler Offset - Just bought this last Sunday morning and then ended up Breaking my left Wrist unloading it with a friend...lol
What was a great $300 deal has turned into an expensive (due to money lost for work for 6 weeks) and frustrating offset smoker. Oh well....Always wanted one to learn to "stick burn".

AC5F847F-38F2-4790-9B49-E783B9B4196B_zpsxnuk5zmm.jpg

62672EFF-8A34-48E3-B483-514BFBE10C1C_zpsmjd9vwha.jpg

I had just sprayed it down with PAM..inside and out...Doing first burn since the previous owner didn't.

3FA5F8D8-3396-4E99-9979-0E26C938148D_zps3rwyw3aq.jpg

Ordered the thermometer and cover from Academy the next day.

84407C77-8A6F-40E9-8931-B88C1C1DD9B5_zpsltamypqd.jpg

LSG IVC w/ comp cart - And THIS is on order and hope to pickup in mid Oct. while on a road trip to TX for some famous BBQ joints and LOTS of awesome BBQ!!!

B13C6827-C8DD-474C-A3F9-BA12A8FD1039_zpsl80thopy.jpg

And I Might...just Might end up with a Kamado Joe - BIG JOE - since the road show pricing is so good next month....I'd always wanted an XL Egg but this is a better buy.

Pellet Pro 969 with big Kahuna smoking cylinder
Smoke Hollow 2 door propane cabinet
Cook shack 008 electric
Weber Kettle 22
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe jr.
5 burner Char-Broil Grill with full grill grates
1 pissed wife who just doesn't understand.....
Hi...my name is Bill and I'm a smoke/grill-a-holic

shirley RF offset - my main pit. i use it for everything as long as i have time to manage the fire (not that it is hard at all on this thing)
wsm - for when i need to set it and forget it for awhile or the shirley is in my garage and i don't feel like moving it.
UDS - i use in addition to the wsm for capacity when i dont have time to monitor things much. i also like the more direct fire taste sometimes. I love brisket on the uds.

Just added this one to the stable today...Awesome deal on a 2013 Yoder YS480...He threw in an old Maverick and a 40 lb. bag of pellets :)

CFDA8A66-1E9A-495D-8C41-CB7BEC998CE2_zpsuhi6iy0c.jpg

DDD769B4-135E-4278-94DF-4F983E336B67_zpscuxgodip.jpg

Here is a question for the Bretheren. How many smoker do you have and why? No I am not a spy for your wives. I just want to know if there is a strategy that is employed to use different types of smokers.

I am fighting the urge to purchase a second smoker as I type this thread.

I have 7...why? Because my wife won't let me have 8.

Actually, I use *most* of them, depending on the amount of food I am making.

And, don't fight the urge. You are among friends. This is a safe place.

I currently have 3 smokers. No real reason at all to buying and having 3. I was just trying to find my groove.

Started off with a Cheap offset brinkmann. I hated running the thing, but I tried real hard to enjoy it and learn fire management which sucked in the brinkmann. This was last year. Fall rolls around I learned about the WSM so I thought it was a brilliant idea to buy one for a "set it and forget it style cooker" for the winter. The WSM works great for a winter smoker if you want BBQ and to cold to deal with a fire. Only thing is I feel the WSM and cooking with charcoal still gives it an "off" flavor compared to cooking with just wood.

So, I wanted to really try to learn the brinkmann once warmer weather hit this year I couldn't do it. I shelled out 1300 bucks to build a custom vertical offset. Thing works like a charm. I have only used the WSM once since building the new smoker and a buddy has borrowed the brinkmann once and hated cooking with it due to the same reasons why i didn't care for it.

So if I ever come across someone looking for a smoker I have two for sell then I'll be back to 1 smoker. BUT.... I might keep the WSM strickly for cold weather cooking

Back