How many smoker do you have and why?

5 BGEs, 4 WSMs, 1 bubba keg, and an electric smoker. You asked smokers, so grills weren't listed. I have them all because I'm a weirdo. And I love cooking, and hiding smokers at friends and family's houses.

I have several and looking for more.....why?? like a dog....why does he lick his........cause he can......excuse my crudeness......what else you gonna do???....happy weekend to everybody....

2, weber kettle and a uds. I have not been able to get a lot of cooking in this summer. I am looking forward to this fall and making up for lost time.:-D

I have a WSM 18 for small cooks, thought since I got the LSG IV, it rarely gets used for even small cooks. I also have my workhorse, the Weber Performer, and a Shirley on order. I tell my wife I am done after the Shirley..but she knows better.

Had 9 Various Weber Kettles including 2 mini wsm and a nice gasser ..Got rid of everything except a Ranch Kettle ,A 26.75 Kettle, a 22 in Kettle and a Jumbo Joe ! Much better less Clutter Wife is Happy ! But its Just her and I so I still have plenty of fun

This thread is Weak Without Pics!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone go back and post pics of all your cookers!!! LOL

Mine:

BGE Mini - Bought this from a manager of a grocery store. He got it from a vender to give away. They retail for like $300...Got it for $125 brand new...

B985D68E-59BC-4BAF-8EC5-CB696D73706E_zpsiomtjvp1.jpg

D77A607F-F838-41A4-BA75-F398CFB4DAC6_zps9iq9bc8q.jpg

Large Egg - Was handed down this OLD late 1970's Egg (Clay not ceramic) from my uncle that had it handed down from my Grandfather. It was just sitting out in the elements. I rebuilt / referred it. It's cracked in a few places and have stopped cooking on it much because it's a family keepsake.

E01F07DE-D52E-4C16-A29E-2B09DF885E59_zpsv16olj5l.jpg

413BA49A-31AE-4490-8402-62F7A9EC890F_zpslba4v5pq.jpg

B230377C-816D-42C3-B0B1-3DD84D7860E2_zps8whquk8o.jpg

Old Country Wrangler Offset - Just bought this last Sunday morning and then ended up Breaking my left Wrist unloading it with a friend...lol
What was a great $300 deal has turned into an expensive (due to money lost for work for 6 weeks) and frustrating offset smoker. Oh well....Always wanted one to learn to "stick burn".

AC5F847F-38F2-4790-9B49-E783B9B4196B_zpsxnuk5zmm.jpg

62672EFF-8A34-48E3-B483-514BFBE10C1C_zpsmjd9vwha.jpg

I had just sprayed it down with PAM..inside and out...Doing first burn since the previous owner didn't.

3FA5F8D8-3396-4E99-9979-0E26C938148D_zps3rwyw3aq.jpg

Ordered the thermometer and cover from Academy the next day.

84407C77-8A6F-40E9-8931-B88C1C1DD9B5_zpsltamypqd.jpg

LSG IVC w/ comp cart - And THIS is on order and hope to pickup in mid Oct. while on a road trip to TX for some famous BBQ joints and LOTS of awesome BBQ!!!

B13C6827-C8DD-474C-A3F9-BA12A8FD1039_zpsl80thopy.jpg

And I Might...just Might end up with a Kamado Joe - BIG JOE - since the road show pricing is so good next month....I'd always wanted an XL Egg but this is a better buy.

Pellet Pro 969 with big Kahuna smoking cylinder
Smoke Hollow 2 door propane cabinet
Cook shack 008 electric
Weber Kettle 22
Weber Jumbo Joe
Weber Smokey Joe jr.
5 burner Char-Broil Grill with full grill grates
1 pissed wife who just doesn't understand.....
Hi...my name is Bill and I'm a smoke/grill-a-holic

shirley RF offset - my main pit. i use it for everything as long as i have time to manage the fire (not that it is hard at all on this thing)
wsm - for when i need to set it and forget it for awhile or the shirley is in my garage and i don't feel like moving it.
UDS - i use in addition to the wsm for capacity when i dont have time to monitor things much. i also like the more direct fire taste sometimes. I love brisket on the uds.

2 kamado Joe Big Joe's
Kamado Joe Jr
Vision Classic B
Dragon Fire
Blue Ember Gasser
Oklahoma Joe Highland Offset
Yoder Kingman weeks away….

Just added this one to the stable today...Awesome deal on a 2013 Yoder YS480...He threw in an old Maverick and a 40 lb. bag of pellets :)

CFDA8A66-1E9A-495D-8C41-CB7BEC998CE2_zpsuhi6iy0c.jpg

DDD769B4-135E-4278-94DF-4F983E336B67_zpscuxgodip.jpg

Here is a question for the Bretheren. How many smoker do you have and why? No I am not a spy for your wives. I just want to know if there is a strategy that is employed to use different types of smokers.

I am fighting the urge to purchase a second smoker as I type this thread.

I have 7...why? Because my wife won't let me have 8.

Actually, I use *most* of them, depending on the amount of food I am making.

And, don't fight the urge. You are among friends. This is a safe place.

I currently have 3 smokers. No real reason at all to buying and having 3. I was just trying to find my groove.

Started off with a Cheap offset brinkmann. I hated running the thing, but I tried real hard to enjoy it and learn fire management which sucked in the brinkmann. This was last year. Fall rolls around I learned about the WSM so I thought it was a brilliant idea to buy one for a "set it and forget it style cooker" for the winter. The WSM works great for a winter smoker if you want BBQ and to cold to deal with a fire. Only thing is I feel the WSM and cooking with charcoal still gives it an "off" flavor compared to cooking with just wood.

So, I wanted to really try to learn the brinkmann once warmer weather hit this year I couldn't do it. I shelled out 1300 bucks to build a custom vertical offset. Thing works like a charm. I have only used the WSM once since building the new smoker and a buddy has borrowed the brinkmann once and hated cooking with it due to the same reasons why i didn't care for it.

So if I ever come across someone looking for a smoker I have two for sell then I'll be back to 1 smoker. BUT.... I might keep the WSM strickly for cold weather cooking

Back