How many smoker do you have and why?

5 or so but the 007s see the bulk of the action since they cook everything the best but the portable minis get used for travel.

It used to be I used one cooker for a specific reason (like a tool) ...one might grill better, or one might do chicken better but now I truly have a Swiss Army knife that does everything the best BUT I still can't get myself to get rid of the others. It's kind of a just in case thing I guess. I can say it's definitely nice to have smaller ones for road trips though.

Last edited:
It really is an addiction, but better than most addictions. I love smokers, guns, and knives. I see beauty in each, and I always want to add to the collect in addition each is a tool designed for a purpose.

I have four total now but I slimmed down from 6 back in the spring.

- Two 18.5" WSM which I use for personal and overflow when I go to competitions.
- One Custom New Braunfels that I'm still tweaking for my back patio
- One trailer smoker which is my primary competition/catering rig

I am looking at a 20 foot trailer to haul for business to be able to park and serve whether it's just in a parking lot or at a fair or food market.

I'm a junky though and love this stuff!

I had 11 grills since getting into this hobby and now I proudly own a 23" and a 32" Komodo Kamado.

I like the versatility of two cookers for multi heat cooks, overflow cooks etc.

I think at the very least you need two cookers. It covers all of your needs.

I have begun researching either a yoder ys640 or a stick burner for next year. But that really isn't needed, just a nice to have.

I have a homeade reverse flow trailer smoker, a Jim Bowie Green Mountain Grills, a Big Steel Keg and a Chinese Box for cooking pigs.

I think this next year I'll be adding an insulated vertical smoker. I'm not sure if it will be a gravity fed or a water cooker like an LSG.

big insulated cabinet, small insulated cabinet, mid-size Shirley trailer, mini, jimmy with roti, otg, custom vertical, mes. Hard to find time to use them all but I'm really want an OC Flowmaster. I could give up 2 I never use. It's not so much each having a purpose as each catching my eye and wanting to see how they work. Add me to the list of sick farkers.

LSG Insulated Vertical - I use this for almost all smoking these days - super easy to control temps and HUGE capacity.

Primo XL - I use this for most all of my grilling and searing needs.

Weber 670 Summit Gasser - Only used for overflow these days or a quick sear on something after sous vide.

Blackstone Pizza Oven - only really used for Pizzas, but my wife and daughter LOVE pizza.

Weber Smokey Mountain - tucked off in a corner of the garage almost forgotten, :sad:.

Well, I have my gasser that I grill on and "tried" to smoke on. And I am on my third smoker. Started out with a large WSM, the BBQ bug bit me hard, so I had to move up. Got a big LSG vertical offset stick burner, then realized stick burning is a lot of work. Got an LSG Insulated cabinet and love it. Sold the WSM and LSG stick burner to two other Brethren and they both are quite happy.

So, I guess that leaves me with the gasser and the cabinet. Don't really have the room for a collection of smokers. What I have now does me fine. Until the gasser dies and I get either a kettle or one of those fancy new Webers...

Weber OTS - it was my first charcoal smoker/grill. It's where it all got started. I still take this camping and such.
Weber Performer - Pretty much use it as a grill, but kettles will always be the most versatile and easy to use tools in my arsenal.
LBGE - This was gifted to me by brother Chambersuac. It's my go to pizza cooker, but will also use for smoking "smaller" items for family dinners like pork loin, chickens, grilled steaks, chops & such too if not cooking too many.
Onyx Oven - Don't use this much. It was also gifted to me by a Brethren. I do use it for smoking almonds, a few racks of ribs and have also taken it on outings where I need a good "oven like" smoker that's solid at holding temps. I've done a few desserts on this for comps
ECB Gourmet - Not at the house anymore as I "loaned" it to my brother, but never asked for it back. This was my very first dedicated smoker. I modified it and used it MANY times before building it's replacement (below).
SS UDS - Probably my all time favorite smoker. It was my first build, it's got some real MILEAGE on it, hot & fast, low & slow, I've had 8 butts on that thing. I LOVE MY DRUM!
Custom Built Gravity Feed (Named Bumblebee by the kids) - this has become the workhorse. It's replaced the UDS as the most used smoker just because of it's shear size. It'll hold (and has held) 16 butts, 8 whole packers or 45 racks of ribs. I can't fathom how many pounds of meat have come off that beast. It's not the biggest one out there, but it's the biggest one I've ever had. I've made a whole lot of people happy with ole' Bumblebee.

So what's that.....7? There you go. Not enough really. :becky:

Large Green Egg - Great smoker not my favorite for grilling
Vision Classic Kamado - More room then the LBGE but doesn't hold temp as well, really redundant with the egg but it was my first real smoker and a gift for my 1st fathers day.
UDS - Best space, I use it for brisket and large cooks
Mini UDS - My wing machine, gets a lot of use during football season
22 Webber OTG - best griller out of the bunch and probably see's the most action.

If I has a stick burner I would be happy with my herd.

At the moment, I only have my UDS. I also have a gas grill and a Weber kettle. My 50th bday is in two weeks, so be on the look out for a thread with my new additions sometime around then. Big things coming!

In order of acquisition:

Large Grill Dome Kamado (replaced a gas grill that was thrown away) - doesn't get used much anymore but occasionally for set and forget long cooks.

Cast Iron Hibachi - mainly for steaks and burgers (until the kettle arrived) - not in the way so it hangs around

mini kamado - used for travel to the condo

Weber 22 Kettle - direct grilling (steaks, burgers, chicken, veggies,etc)

Shirley stick burner - used for smoking (brisket, butts, ribs, etc)

3, because I can.
We do have a separate smoker for stuff that lives in water, mostly because I don't want that stuff in my good cookers... :twisted:

I have 4, 22" WSM, 640 Yoder, little electric chip burner & a custom built pellet capable of 32 butts at a time or able to hang 44 salami at once. I don't know how I would get by with just 1 they all do different things.

I have two Hasty Bake gourmet units, one Hasty Bake Legacy from the 'Kenmore Era', another Legacy that is in process of getting refurb'd, a vision ceramic, mini WSM and 22.5 Weber OTS. I will gladly continue to pile on to my collection of Hasty Bakes, just hard to find in the Tulsa area. :becky: The wife is learning to deal with my obsession.

Currently I have 15.They are stationed at 4 different locations.Deer Camp.Main farm where I do large cooks.Satellite farm where I do cooks for mostly small gatherings and at home on my patio where it is just family.Stickburner,WSM's,Kettles,Big Green Eggs,and a couple of gassers that are mostly used for warming up sides.I use different cookers for different things and it depends on how large a crowd I am cooking for and what I am cooking as to which ones I use at each place.They all get used though.

There is a Charbroil IR gasser and a Lang 48 in my backyard....both need cleaning don't look!:loco:

Back