Honey Baked Ham Glaze Recipes

drallan81

Knows what a fatty is.
Not necessarily smoke related, but anyone have good honey baked ham glaze recipes? Looking for something besides the little packet that comes with the ham or from a jar.

That is unless, there is a premade jar / mix that is recommended.

Going over to the in-laws this weekend and have been asked to cook the Sunday ham. Not sure the size or brand, but anticipate it being a standard grocery store honey baked ham that is just re-heated in oven w/ packet of seasoning you dissolve in water and pour over at the end.

Maybe one day I'll plan ahead and make my own ham. In the mean time this is what I'm working with. So any recommendations to take it up a notch are welcome.

1/2 cup each of Brown sugar, honey, maple syrup, 2.5 TBSP Dijon mustard. No cooking required. I like to poke cloves all over the surface of the ham and pin pineapple slices to it. The glaze can be heated later to use as a table condiment. I put raisins in it for that.

I reduce some apple jelly, dijon mustard, a little honey with brown sugar and whiskey to make a glaze.

You can use peach or apricot jam, too.

I haven't made it in a long while, but I used to make Alton Brown's City Ham recipe at Easter. Everyone went nuts for it. Real simple, mustard, brown sugar, bourbon/whiskey in spritzer & pulverized gingersnap cookies.

I go with brown sugar, pineapple juice and dijon mustard. About a cup of brown sugar, a small can of Dole pineapple juice (I believe they are 6 ounces) and two tablespoons of dijon mustard. Mix together and no cooking needed.

Cherry ham glaze.

1 cup Smucker's cherry preserves
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/4tsp. ground black pepper

Simmer low and stir often until preserves dissolve. Pretty basic recipe that work great on ham. I also use this as a base for a cherry BBQ sauce. Happy Easter!

I have done the following glaze on ham and it tastes quite good

1/2 cup bourbon
1/2 cup brown sugar
juice of 2 oranges
zest of 1 orange
2 tsp dijon mustard
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup Balance Grow brand honey citron mango tea blend (hard to find). Its like a marmalade https://www.amazon.com/Balance-Honey-Citron-Mango-70-55oz/dp/B09RLXR9DZ

Simmered the above for abut 5 minutes, allowed to cool, injected into the ham, then used balance to glaze as the ham cooked.

Attachments

• IMG_2247.jpg
    IMG_2247.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2248.jpg
    IMG_2248.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2250.jpg
    IMG_2250.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 50
Back