THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Right now have two cookers going. Seasoned thighs with jalapeno mustard and Oakridge in the Primo. Austin XL has a half pork shoulder and chile relleno stuffed and tied pork tenderloins. Making a few meals worth in this 100° heat.

Last edited:
HAPPY PHRIDAY!!!

This extended weekend consists oph me assembling my OKL highland with some mods. Hopephully I get it built, burned-in, seasoned, phor either a pork shoulder or some chicken. The wiphe is at Costco, so perhaps a prime brisket is in the cards? Not sure I want to invest in a brisket on an ophset for the phirst time though. Hopephully she'll snag some steaks too.

We got a really good storm last night, and allegedly will do so all weekend. Thank God phor overhangs on patios!

Other than that, it's beer, FOOTBALL, studying and smoking. Stay saphe and enjoy the long weekend brethren!

Prime Rib Roast tonight…. “ I’d Hit Dat” possible TD entry

Going with broNlaw to Winstar tomorrow afternoon so buffet time!

Sunday we doing a family pool thingy. Eli and I need to make final plans…. We cooking for 150+ Sept 15th weekend… 10+ briskets and more

Ol Big Red will be puff’n that weekend :laugh:

Have a great weekend y’all

Last edited:
Birthday party this weekend for my older son who turns 39 - honestly -
Beef ribs for my younger son, Chicken breasts for all the ladies, FlatIron steak for the guys

My wife agreed to make the potatoes and veggies, so, for once, just doing the meat Works!

Labor Day in Iowa!

Mark:clap2:

Boneless beef country style ribs tomorrow for tacos on the RT1250 smoker.

Saturday will do a beer can chicken on the gasser.

Monday rotisserie spiral sliced pork loin on the gasser. Will stuff with sautéed spinach, garlic, portobello mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese. I wanted beacon weave wrap but SHMBO said no.

Whole piggy on Sunday, along with MOINKs, a couple chix Carolinea Treet style, buncha sausage, Keri's Hog Apple beans (anyone not familiar with those needs to do a search and fix that immediately). Phrognot is here & will be cooking a brisket & I got a couple tri tips as backup.

Been a while since we've done a pig roast and dePhinitely looking Phorward to it! :whoo: Looks like some of the old Pharkers will be showing up. Wish you could be here Phu! Been thinking about the craziness a Phew years back and smiling like a MF.

Happy Phriday and Labor Day weekend to Phu and crew and all y'all Pharkers!

The plan phor now is to phire up the Oval phor a phabulous meatloph… also considering diving in the phreezer to phind where that last pharking pork belly disappeared to, phollowed by a yet to be determined pheast when and if I phind it. Hope all y’all have a phantastic phew days with phamily and phriends!

Last edited:
Right now have two cookers going. Seasoned thighs with jalapeno mustard and Oakridge in the Primo. Austin XL has a half pork shoulder and chile relleno stuffed and tied pork tenderloins. Making a few meals worth in this 100° heat.

Since purportedly mustard used as a slather leaves no mustard taste, did the jalapeno taste linger?
Ed

Back