Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

I got a CAB Picanha dephrosting as we speak, so hopephully tomorrow or Sunday. It's pharkin hot out here...wanna griddle and deep phry something, but both require some cleaning bephore that happens.

I havent had a day ophph oph work in 12 days, so I really just want to relax, study, cook meat and drink beer. Stay cool, brethren!

Paging Dr Phu and all you smoke head dudes and Miss Jeanie!! took the minister of war and finance out to a fav band. Ate an overpriced but very good seafood pasta and brought home enough for part of a Saturday night meal. Going to sit in with a band Sat aft and play some blues harp so that makes this old dude happy and then come home. Probably cook a Costco ribeye to go with leftover seafood pasta. Hope you guys are staying cool somehow, typical miserable Hadean Mississippi heat and humidity here. So hoping you Have a blessed, happy and healthy weekend dudes and dudette....Peace and cook some extra for someone that needs and would appreciate it.

Tonight was jerk chicken, mashed and broccoli and cauliflower in my garlic and scallion cheese sauce. My supplies are drained, and I broke a cardinal rule this week: When you live in a summer resort area, shop on Wednesday. So I will wait in line forever for leftovers that others left. Good news is they usually leave some good stuff since they don't know what to do with it. Anyway, happy weekend to all!!

Have a full brisket smoking away since yesterday evening. Was 12.99 lbs before trim. Black pepper, AP Seasoning, then The BBQ Rub. Wrapped in cling wrap for 4-5 hours then on to the Recteq RT1250 pellet smoker at 225F. Flat is reading 182F and the point is 177F. Not wrapping till probe tender at 200-205F, and will then put in a 150F warming drawer for several hours.

Currently pondering the sides....

Happy Saturday Pholks!
I'm not cooking anything this weekend!

But, a buddy is cooking brisket and beeph tenderloins phor the phire department that I retired phrom.
He's bringing lephtovers here tomorrow phor a phew phriends to enjoy.
Last night was the wiphe's hamloaph, tonight is up in the air.
Have a great weekend everyone!

Smokey, that Porter looks pretty good.

It’s 100* so all I’m smokin is a couple whataburger phatties phor the phreezer tomorrow morning.

We did however phind some Swipht pork butts phor $.87/lb at H‑E‑B, plus some good lookin St Louis spares $1.67/lb, stopped and got Picanha at Wild Phork.

I’ll be shopping phor a larger phreezer in a phew weeks.

Happy weekend!

Happy AllDay FunDay Sunday People

Stuffed dishes coming up….

Taters, shrooms and possibly egg rolls

We’ll see how phar the pull pork goes today :rockon:

I’m hide’n out at the Tiki Bar under the mist :becky:

Last edited:
Back