THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

agoldswo

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Goldy
Hi all, I'm in love with my new Daniel Boone pellet pooper, but i'm wondering if there's any other grill grates out there that will fit it, either cast iron or porcelain coated. I'm ot at home right now to measure them, but if someone knew the size of the grates, i could do a little more searching to see if i could find an upgrade.

Last edited:
I love my grill grates. I use them on my BGE and my gas grill.

You can get great sear marks with a dome temp of just 350 if you let them heat for 5 minutes.

You can have them custom cut you some or for WAY less money find some that are a close fit and sit on top of existing grates. That's what I did for my firebox and it works great.

You're wanting to replace your grates for high-heat searing or for other reasons?

For searing, and because the grates that came with the Daniel Boone don't seem like they're the "best" quality. I think i'm just spoiled with cast iron grates on my weber kettle.

Back