Got the final detail email from Tyler!!!

Not to give you too many options when seasoning, but when I did mine I kind of half arse sprayed it down with pam and ran it for a few hours at like 250 and then threw a cow head and a bunch of other meat on to finish seasoning :becky:.

Also with the 3 racks in your chamber did you get extra rack slides to adjust the grates heights and give more spacing options? I had tyler put them in mine. Very nice to have :-D

I do agree on the extra rack sliders.. That is how i fit 2 pigs in mine at once. Another good idea i got from Jason...:biggrin1::biggrin1:

Thanks brother. I can't wait to create some lol.

Haha!! I know. I dreamt of pork Butts and whole hog last night :razz:

Thanks. I haven't been this excited about a purchase in a very long time except for the engagement ring. Can't wait to meet the Shirley boys also.

Brother I hate I am going to miss you.... I am delivering a cooker to Florida.. And got a great excuse to spend 3 days in gulf shores.. A much needed break.... Can't wait to wear some great gulf seafood out.... Your cooker is a monster... I love it... Make sure Tyler gives you a care package from me.... Some conecuh sausage from Alabama.... You will love it!!!!!

Not to give you too many options when seasoning, but when I did mine I kind of half arse sprayed it down with pam and ran it for a few hours at like 250 and then threw a cow head and a bunch of other meat on to finish seasoning :becky:.

Also with the 3 racks in your chamber did you get extra rack slides to adjust the grates heights and give more spacing options? I had tyler put them in mine. Very nice to have :-D

Thanks Jason. No I didn't get the extra slides. It's ok. I'll only ever do one hog at a time. Just a backyard guy. I'm gonna go with the heavier seasoning. I got nothing but time. I'm a retired schlep lol. Thanks for the input though. I will be doing a good high fat cook for the first one also.

Mine's not due till March, so I still have a ways to go.
The wait is killer I agree but it makes this point in the process that much more exciting lol.

That's a nice set of options on that cooker! I can't wait for pics!
Thanks man. Yeah, it's gonna be awesome!!

Brother I hate I am going to miss you.... I am delivering a cooker to Florida.. And got a great excuse to spend 3 days in gulf shores.. A much needed break.... Can't wait to wear some great gulf seafood out.... Your cooker is a monster... I love it... Make sure Tyler gives you a care package from me.... Some conecuh sausage from Alabama.... You will love it!!!!!

Ahhh!! Was looking forward to meeting you but hey business is business. Eat some gulf shrimp for me.

I can't wait to see the beast Paul!!

Ill be sure to get that care package for sure. Did you get the sweatshirt?

Thanks Jason. No I didn't get the extra slides. It's ok. I'll only ever do one hog at a time. Just a backyard guy. I'm gonna go with the heavier seasoning. I got nothing but time. I'm a retired schlep lol. Thanks for the input though. I will be doing a good high fat cook for the first one also.

The wait is killer I agree but it makes this point in the process that much more exciting lol.

Thanks man. Yeah, it's gonna be awesome!!

Ahhh!! Was looking forward to meeting you but hey business is business. Eat some gulf shrimp for me.

I can't wait to see the beast Paul!!

Ill be sure to get that care package for sure. Did you get the sweatshirt?

Remind Tyler and I will also... I have a bunch of seAsoned hickory under my carport... Get all of it... I have a new load coming in a couple weeks.... I'm serious get them boys at the shop to load yor or truck up.... You will have enough for several cooks...

Congratulations on your new SF. Please post pics for us when you make the Pilgrimage to BBQ Mecca!

Remind Tyler and I will also... I have a bunch of seAsoned hickory under my carport... Get all of it... I have a new load coming in a couple weeks.... I'm serious get them boys at the shop to load yor or truck up.... You will have enough for several cooks...

Wow. Thank you so much Paul!! I can't tell you how much I appreciate that.

Congratulations on your new SF. Please post pics for us when you make the Pilgrimage to BBQ Mecca!

Thanks. I will for sure.

being similar to mine the one thing I did not think about and it has nothing to do with cooking is trailer brakes. I am going to be adding them on one of my axles. When I load my down with wood and take off I know it is back there for sure. And the 2014 F150's warp brake rotors like its going out of style. the trailer is not that big but it is a lot steel.

Attachments

• IMG_0962.jpg
    IMG_0962.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 137
being similar to mine the one thing I did not think about and it has nothing to do with cooking is trailer brakes. I am going to be adding them on one of my axles. When I load my down with wood and take off I know it is back there for sure. And the 2014 F150's warp brake rotors like its going out of style. the trailer is not that big but it is a lot steel.

I thought about brakes as well but I have a Sierra 3500 dually. I may add them in the future but for now the trucks brakes will do fine. I won't be towing it an awful lot but brakes are cheap enough to add in the future that it'll be the route I go if needed.

no problem for a 1 ton. I have a 1 ton work truck and it does great with it, just not as comfortable as my F-150. you'll be glad you went with the tandem axle. I debated on mine, but now I am in a business where I cook for customers a lot and pull it everywhere. I don't regret the second axle. I am pulling it next week to New Mexico from East Texas. Seems I find a lot of reasons to do some cooking now that I have it.

no problem for a 1 ton. I have a 1 ton work truck and it does great with it, just not as comfortable as my F-150. you'll be glad you went with the tandem axle. I debated on mine, but now I am in a business where I cook for customers a lot and pull it everywhere. I don't regret the second axle. I am pulling it next week to New Mexico from East Texas. Seems I find a lot of reasons to do some cooking now that I have it.

I figured the 1 ton would more than handle it.

I'm glad you're doing well with it as a business. Always great to hear success stories.

I'd love to do it as a gig but I'd have to find a kitchen I could rent to prep and store until I head out to cook.

I do woodworking and have an industrial cnc I'm setting up in my garage so I'm going to have to make that work as my side business. Hopefully it'll work out. Q will just be for fun and friends and family for me as of now.

Tyler sent me a photo of the emblem I requested for the smoker. The detail is amazing and I honestly got choked up when I saw it.

Wow!!!!!
That chokes me up also.... I have so much respect for our firemen... Policemen.. Servicemen.... I got to go to ground zero when I was at fleet week.... One of the most touching moments in my 55 years on earth..... And I'll just be dang if sometimes I think we forget what happened...

Wow!!!!!
That chokes me up also.... I have so much respect for our firemen... Policemen.. Servicemen.... I got to go to ground zero when I was at fleet week.... One of the most touching moments in my 55 years on earth..... And I'll just be dang if sometimes I think we forget what happened...

Agreed Sir!!

Back