Shirley and Shirley

Headgear

Full Fledged Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
David
My good wife Shirley and our long-awaited Shirley. Thank you, Tyler and the whole crew at Shirley Fabrication!!! This thing is a work of art. I just had to include a close-up picture of the welding artistry. Poor Tyler, lol, for the profit made divided by the email sent, I have to be their worst customer ever. I will list everything it has so if anyone is thinking about having one built and has questions, hopefully, it will help answer some and give Tyler a break.

It is a 24x36 Patio model with:
Straight back cook chamber
Elevated chamber
Two grate warmer
Rotated warmer
Hip roof warmer
Hip roof chamber
Extra grate in warmer (3 total)
Both dampers (one between the cook chamber into the warmer, allowing you to draft straight through from the FB into the chamber, into the warmer, then out, or from FB straight up through the warmer. That was one of my many emails)
Elevated charcoal grate for warmer
4 probe inserts (3 in cook chamber, one in warmer)
Upgrade to Shirley Tel-Tru gauges (one chamber, one warmer)
Gauge guards (one chamber, one warmer)
SS shelf w/backsplash full length of chamber and warmer
Wagon wheel package with golfcart wheels (there are different wheels available)
Tow bar with 2" coupler
V-basket (in firebox)
Scraper tool (for rounder bottom under the baffle)
Baffle block plate. (to close FB to cook chamber while smoking or grilling from FB through warmer)

Most of these are in Tyler's words from the quote, except for my explanation of what some of them are/do. Each line item has an individual price. Hopefully, this will help others understand some things that are available and these are by no means all. They will also do anything that you can dream up. Haha, I am not a sales guy for Shirley, just excited and want to be helpful if possible.

Anyway, I will be cleaning and seasoning it today and smoking tomorrow. We decided to just do one rack of spare ribs to see how it goes. I will give an update.

BTW, Kevin/Legendary Services delivered it along with lots of tips on seasoning and using it. He is like icing on the cake and compliments the Shirley group perfectly. You just can't go wrong!

Attachments

• Shirley and Shirley.jpg
    Shirley and Shirley.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 314
  • Shirley on patio.jpg
    Shirley on patio.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 311
  • Shirley welding.jpg
    Shirley welding.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
Wooooooo. very nice! More pics please!

Also wondering if you can option that with a small block V8?

Haha, near the end, I added something and told Tyler, "I think we have her pretty tricked out", and he said, "Yeah, just add a 10 HP engine and you could drive it around".

I will get some more pictures later when there is more light.

Beautiful!
I owned a Patio with buggy wheels and SS shelf and sold it to get the 94T DF.
I would love to know the details as to how many people weld the PFS Shirleys and how many weld the Tyler Shirley Shirleys. Somebody other than PFS and TS surely (pun) must know but I don't think this information has ever been volunteered or disclosed.

Congrats on the new Cooker. You will really enjoy it. Paul built me one last year that is very similar to the build that Tyler did for you.

Here is a pic just after it rolled off the Shirley Sled and one that Paul sent to me showing how my Warmer is set up. Rotating the Warmer makes it like having a second Cooker which is great as its just my wife and me at home now.

I went with Boat Wheels for mine since, not that its on my Patio I don't move it often.

Enjoy, these Cookers will outlive both of us I'm sure.

Attachments

• Shirley - Frt View.jpg
    Shirley - Frt View.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 219
  • Warmer Pic.jpg
    Warmer Pic.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 216
I'm as impressed with the pavilion you have as I am with the smoker!
Is that your home?

P.S. Just spotted a weak spot at the elbow of the pull handle.
Should have a gusset welded in there for strength.

Can someone explain what 3 of the 6 sliding racks are for?
The top one and the bottom 2.
Thanks

Oh, and a great looking cooker.

Beautiful!
I owned a Patio with buggy wheels and SS shelf and sold it to get the 94T DF.
I would love to know the details as to how many people weld the PFS Shirleys and how many weld the Tyler Shirley Shirleys. Somebody other than PFS and TS surely (pun) must know but I don't think this information has ever been volunteered or disclosed.

Whoever they are, they are perfectionists and I applaud them.

Congrats on the new Cooker. You will really enjoy it. Paul built me one last year that is very similar to the build that Tyler did for you.

Here is a pic just after it rolled off the Shirley Sled and one that Paul sent to me showing how my Warmer is set up. Rotating the Warmer makes it like having a second Cooker which is great as its just my wife and me at home now.

I went with Boat Wheels for mine since, not that its on my Patio I don't move it often.

Enjoy, these Cookers will outlive both of us I'm sure.

Thanks. The one thing I forgot to list is that one of my warmer grates is round bar instead of expanded metal. Some of the guys said that it is indispensable for seating. They said expanded metal will eventually warp. That was my last minute email to Tyler and he was still very nice about it all, lol.

I'm as impressed with the pavilion you have as I am with the smoker!
Is that your home?

P.S. Just spotted a weak spot at the elbow of the pull handle.
Should have a gusset welded in there for strength.

Thanks and yes that is our home. I am going to be closing one end will in so I can have some cabinets and counter space, not to mention, a TV. A guy ought to be able to watch cooking videos while smoking... Right?

Thanks. The one thing I forgot to list is that one of my warmer grates is round bar instead of expanded metal. Some of the guys said that it is indispensable for seating. They said expanded metal will eventually warp. That was my last minute email to Tyler and he was still very nice about it all, lol.

I didn't think of round grates and Paul didn't mention. I figure that, If I warp one, I've got three more to rotate in our I can have a round bar built and sent to me.

If you mean on my Cooker, the top grate is a 2" grid to use for hanging sausage, ribs, anything that will hang from a hook. The bottom two are an ash pan and a charcoal grate for direct fire cooking in the warmer. All are removable as needed.

Nice build, you'll love having that full length shelf and forward facing warmer they really do a great job on those. ~Enjoy it!

Back