I finally took the dive and upgraded my BBQ game...

Deebo

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Deebo
It's been a good while since I posted here. I've had the smokers listed in my signature for several years and, honestly, I got bored. Don't get me wrong, I still loved making good BBQ! I just felt that there are but so many times that I can get excited about making a post with a pic of ribs hanging in my PBC. Well, this past weekend, my excitement got renewed. I took the plunge and bought my first offset. I bought the offset that I've wanted since word got out of it's inception. I bought a Franklin offset smoker. I haven't done the seasoning cook yet. I'm in the process of finding a long-term local source of wood. I hope to have that done and get the seasoning done this weekend. Needless to say, my excitement is thru the roof and I can't wait to embark on my learning process!

Attachments

• 20230708_135849.jpg
    20230708_135849.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 248
  • 20230709_114809.jpg
    20230709_114809.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 243
I can totally relate to the problem you had with getting bored with the current (though completely capable) lineup. Congratulations on the new smoker! Looking forward to seeing the cooks!

Hardest part for me when buying things like this is pulling the trigger. Congrats, and enjoy! Not having to wait for it to be built is pretty awesome too. Looking forward to your cooks!

Back