Got the final detail email from Tyler!!!

It would be a crime. One trick I learned on here before I seasoned mine was spray Crisco. saved me a lot of elbow grease. I coated everything inside mine with a light film and it seasoned up great. Although anybody that came to Walmart for spray Crisco was out of luck for a few days.:grin: I have the chargrill on my trailer also. you wont be disappointed to have it. I use it all the time.

Rite on, Congrats!! Cant wait to see the pics of that bad boy. What are the options uv'e got ?
Welcome to the Shirley family (it feels funny saying that for MY 1st time lol )

It would be a crime. One trick I learned on here before I seasoned mine was spray Crisco. saved me a lot of elbow grease. I coated everything inside mine with a light film and it seasoned up great. Although anybody that came to Walmart for spray Crisco was out of luck for a few days.:grin: I have the chargrill on my trailer also. you wont be disappointed to have it. I use it all the time.

Thanks. Was going to buy a case or 2 of pam to coat her up. I look forward to using that grill a lot as well as charcoal in the warmer for direct cooking wings and drumettes and such.

Rite on, Congrats!! Cant wait to see the pics of that bad boy. What are the options uv'e got ?
Welcome to the Shirley family (it feels funny saying that for MY 1st time lol )

Thanks man. Ok here we go lol. I'll post this in the thread I make after I pick it up. I did copy your shelf and paper towel holder after seeing it on yours plus I added a couple of my own ideas as well.

Here's what I ordered:

1. Add 5" to chamber length to make it 30X75"--------------------

2. Add insulated firebox with 3/4" plate door------------------------

3. Add cabinet doors-----------------------------------------------------

4. Add elevated warmer ------------------------------------------------

5. Add rotated warmer--------------------------------------------------

6. Add elevated cabinet w 3rd grate in chamber---------------------

7. Add removable tongue----------------------------------------------- (wasn’t comfortable on such a large build)

8. Add 1 extra warmer grate (3 total) ---------decided to stay with 3 to give more room between them and more clearance between top shelf and roof of warmer

9. Add both dampers-----------------------------------------------------

10. Add stainless steel shelf on front ---------------------------------

11. Add wood basket on backside of cabinet----------------------

12. Add remote grease drain-------------------------------------------

13. Add triangular storage on front of trailer-----------------------

14. Add dual burners with tank holder--------------------------------

15. Add 6 probe inserts--------------------------------------------------

16. Add hip roof on warmer--------------------------------------------

17. Add 24 X 42 chargrill-----------------------------------------------

18. Sausage hangers in warmer (2) -----------------------------------

19. Add 2 custom emblems ($90.00-$200.00)------------------------

20. Tandem axle trailer---------------------------------------------------

21. upgrade to 5’ wide trailer--------------------------------------------

22. extended stainless shelf in front of the chargrill-----------------

23. Fold down SS shelf on side of warmer w/ paper towel holder--

24. Spray bottle holder----------------------------------------------------

Extend SS shelf to go in front of warmer-------------------------------

25. Expanded metal grate box to elevate charcoal off drippings tray for better direct cooking.

Thanks. Was going to buy a case or 2 of pam to coat her up. I look forward to using that grill a lot as well as charcoal in the warmer for direct cooking wings and drumettes and such.

Thanks man. Ok here we go lol. I'll post this in the thread I make after I pick it up. I did copy your shelf and paper towel holder after seeing it on yours plus I added a couple of my own ideas as well.

Here's what I ordered:

1. Add 5" to chamber length to make it 30X75"--------------------

2. Add insulated firebox with 3/4" plate door------------------------

3. Add cabinet doors-----------------------------------------------------

4. Add elevated warmer ------------------------------------------------

5. Add rotated warmer--------------------------------------------------

6. Add elevated cabinet w 3rd grate in chamber---------------------

7. Add removable tongue----------------------------------------------- (wasn’t comfortable on such a large build)

8. Add 1 extra warmer grate (3 total) ---------decided to stay with 3 to give more room between them and more clearance between top shelf and roof of warmer

9. Add both dampers-----------------------------------------------------

10. Add stainless steel shelf on front ---------------------------------

11. Add wood basket on backside of cabinet----------------------

12. Add remote grease drain-------------------------------------------

13. Add triangular storage on front of trailer-----------------------

14. Add dual burners with tank holder--------------------------------

15. Add 6 probe inserts--------------------------------------------------

16. Add hip roof on warmer--------------------------------------------

17. Add 24 X 42 chargrill-----------------------------------------------

18. Sausage hangers in warmer (2) -----------------------------------

19. Add 2 custom emblems ($90.00-$200.00)------------------------

20. Tandem axle trailer---------------------------------------------------

21. upgrade to 5’ wide trailer--------------------------------------------

22. extended stainless shelf in front of the chargrill-----------------

23. Fold down SS shelf on side of warmer w/ paper towel holder--

24. Spray bottle holder----------------------------------------------------

Extend SS shelf to go in front of warmer-------------------------------

25. Expanded metal grate box to elevate charcoal off drippings tray for better direct cooking.

Rite on !!! Cant wait to see the pics of that bad boy. Love the water bottle holder idea.. I wouldnt be mad at you if you were to post a pic or 2 that Tyler sent you :becky::becky:
I know when Paul sent me the pics i cldnt stop looking at it. Felt like a little kid looking at a pic of his new bike loll..

Rite on !!! Cant wait to see the pics of that bad boy. Love the water bottle holder idea.. I wouldnt be mad at you if you were to post a pic or 2 that Tyler sent you :becky::becky:
I know when Paul sent me the pics i cldnt stop looking at it. Felt like a little kid looking at a pic of his new bike loll..

Lol only pics were the other week when he sent 2 of my chamber being constructed.

Congrats! Welcome to the ever growing family of Shirley owners. I can remember what that feeling is like. The anticipation. Very happy for you. You will enjoy your cooker even more than you can image. Enjoy.

Lol just messin with you brother!
You have a safe journey and cant wait to see that bad boy!!
Its such a breeze to cook on, trust me. You'll love it !!

All good. I'm ready for it. Looking forward to a nice first cook. Most likely going to be 2 racks of spares, a pair of butts, a loin, a brisket and a turkey. And of course a fatty.

I'm doing a thanksgiving cook of turkeys for a local soup kitchen to serve for their turkey day meal to the homeless. Probably going to be 13 or 14 turkeys. They have 5 already and I'm going to the local butcher to talk to him about pricing for the rest of the turkeys. Holidays is time to give back. Oven baked turkey although free, year after year gets boring. The homeless deserve variety as well.

Congrats! Welcome to the ever growing family of Shirley owners. I can remember what that feeling is like. The anticipation. Very happy for you. You will enjoy your cooker even more than you can image. Enjoy.

Thank you brother. I bet it's a feeling you never have a problem recalling lol. It'll be worth the wait I'm 100% certain. It has every feature I'd want in a smoker. Going to be an awesome road trip for me and the fiance.

congrats and that is a beast of a smoker your getting .

Thanks man. I can't wait to see it in person.

Congrats on your new Shirley you are going to love it.cant wait to see pics.also welcome to the Shirley family and safe travels.

Thank you very much. I'll be wired the whole trip lol. More on the way back wanting to season it and cook on it.

All good. I'm ready for it. Looking forward to a nice first cook. Most likely going to be 2 racks of spares, a pair of butts, a loin, a brisket and a turkey. And of course a fatty.

I'm doing a thanksgiving cook of turkeys for a local soup kitchen to serve for their turkey day meal to the homeless. Probably going to be 13 or 14 turkeys. They have 5 already and I'm going to the local butcher to talk to him about pricing for the rest of the turkeys. Holidays is time to give back. Oven baked turkey although free, year after year gets boring. The homeless deserve variety as well.

Nice !!! What a way to break her in. Cant wait for the pics of her and all of the food pron.....
Safe travels to you and the fiance !!!

Thank you brother. I bet it's a feeling you never have a problem recalling lol. It'll be worth the wait I'm 100% certain. It has every feature I'd want in a smoker. Going to be an awesome road trip for me and the fiance.[/QUOTE
]

Remeber to not go to hot when u 1st season her( dont want paint to bubble). I filled up a spray bttl several times with peanut oil and sprayed her down. I had her rollin at about 250° for about 5 hours or so....

Remeber to not go to hot when u 1st season her( dont want paint to bubble). I filled up a spray bttl several times with peanut oil and sprayed her down. I had her rollin at about 250° for about 5 hours or so....

Nope. Already had a plan. 250-300 for 4 or 5 hours. Let her cool down and then recoat and fire her up to about 400 for a couple. Drop the temp down to 250-275 and do my first cook.

I have the 30x75 straightback and absolutely LOVE it. Let me know if you have any questions. Congrats!

Nope. Already had a plan. 250-300 for 4 or 5 hours. Let her cool down and then recoat and fire her up to about 400 for a couple. Drop the temp down to 250-275 and do my first cook.

Not to give you too many options when seasoning, but when I did mine I kind of half arse sprayed it down with pam and ran it for a few hours at like 250 and then threw a cow head and a bunch of other meat on to finish seasoning :becky:.

Also with the 3 racks in your chamber did you get extra rack slides to adjust the grates heights and give more spacing options? I had tyler put them in mine. Very nice to have :-D

Back