THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
No matter where I go, if they sell meat I always make a pass through the meat department to see if there's any sales or interesting things that catch my eye. Today was one of those days...this is a local grocery chain that I'll occasionally buy pork or chicken from when it's on sale, but normally it's priced enough higher than Sam's or Costco I'll just wait until I make my next trip to buy. Occasionally they'll have whole CAB packer briskets in the cooler for $4.09-$4.19/lb, which is usually still too high for me when I can get a prime packer from Costco for the lower $3.xx. But I spotted two choice CAB briskets from Creekstone Farms in the bin today, along with two choice Excel packer briskets, for $4.19/lb - probably $.70 - $.80/lb higher than I'm used to paying, but on a 12lb brisket that's like $8 bucks so whatever.

I've never cooked a Creekstone Farms brisket before, I think their sales are usually for prime, but these were pretty nicely marbled for choice, probably as good or better than a lot of the prime packers I see. So I bought the better marbled example of the two, though the smaller of the pair. I think I'll save this one for the maiden voyage on the Mak 2 star once I'm finally done cleaning her up.

]

Back