Whattya do with a whole sirloin tip roast?

before we had a good slicer we sliced by hand, and I sucked at it, could never get the paper thin slices i wanted. a couple months back tho we bought a pretty good slicer for home (not pro-grade, but a nice home grade unit). the key is to get the slices thin and cooked to a rare/medium rare and you 'finish' the cook by dipping it in the hot gravy prior to putting on the bun, I like mozz and hot giardiniera on mine and the entire sandiwch 'baptized' in the gravy. yes its messy, yes its awesome

Get yourself some Minor's Beef Au Jus base. ( RD sells it ) Add 1 tsp per 1 cup water to a roasting pan along with onions, carrots, celery, garlic, and itallian herbs. Simmer/Roast that Sirloin Tip till it reaches 135F IT. Remove from oven, Strain drippings into a container. rest Sirloin Tip for 30 minutes, wrap in saran wrap overnight in fridge. Slice super thin and bring drippings to a low simmer ( 145F ) and dip into drippings, then onto a italian roll, top with Pickled vegetables ( i prefer thinly sliced pickled celery like Al's )

20230521-204600.jpg

20230522-040709.jpg

20230522-041114.jpg
Do you have a recipe for the pickled celery? Sounds like something worth trying.

Thanks,

Robert

Back